topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:30 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: GridMove: Grids Here  (Read 325986 times)

kranor

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: GridMove: Grids Here
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2010, 06:07 AM »
Hi all long time no new grids  :D
Just been tweeking the Dual-Screen grid made by timcrews. I have added two more triggers to go full screen on each monitor as triggers 1 and 10 hope someone finds it useful.

mmaster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2010, 07:52 PM »
A simple grid I use for my dual-monitor setup.

Each of the two monitors has two configurations: vertical thirds and vertical halves.

The left monitor has 1/3, 2/3 and the right monitor has 2/3, 1/3.

If you drop the window in the top half of the screen, it uses the thirds configuration; if you drop it in the bottom half, it uses the halves configuration.

(I've noticed a bug since upgrading to the most recent GridMove version, that occasionally the windows jump to bizarre locations e.g. I just tried to drop a window on the left screen's 1/3 and it wound up on the right screen's 2/3 - I'm not sure if it's the grid or the application...)

rfduck

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2010, 03:37 AM »
I've tried to figure out how to create grids, but can't seem to get it right.  I tried modifying one of the basic layouts but then Gridmove gave me an error.  I was wondering if anyone could quickly create a modification to the axcrusik_s_grid that would allow the window to be maximized.  Much thanks in advance.

kranor

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2010, 05:48 AM »
2 new grids for dual head 2 go
 first is 3 pane looking like this
----------------
|         |          |
|         |-------|
|         |          |
----------------

2nd is 5 pane looking like this
-----------------
|         |     |     |
|         |--------|
|         |     |     |
-----------------

Cyrus5

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2010, 01:29 PM »
Thought I'd tag this on the end - just a small modification to axcrusik's grid, just with borders between the windows, I've got a fair amount of screen, and I find a gap between windows gives my eyes a break to the background beyond.

Borders are currently 16px wide - if you want to change it just text replace 16 and 8 with the border width, and half border width, of your choosing, or modify axcrusik's original script.

Also, just thought I'd say - this tool is awesome, not sure how I survived without it! I use it with VirtuaWin to give me multiple desktops and I cant tell you how much its helped my workflow, clutter is now a thing of the past, problem is, its now too easy to have too much stuff on the go and sometimes the RAM suffers ;)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Thanks for sharing Cyrus and welcome to the site; You too mmaster and kranor!

It's great fun to see people make their first post sharing something  :Thmbsup:

Rekwan

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2011, 09:43 PM »
This is a great program and I really like xiper's grid.  Very intuitive!

I didn't like that grid point in the center didn't re-size to fit the 3x3 grid of windows you could setup using the edges, so I modified it so that it would.  I also changed the near-center grid points to display the size that the center-most grid point originally showed in xiper's grid.  The modified version, called xipergridMOD is attached.  Great work with that one xiper!

Since the Eyefinity (Radeon) and similar systems which combine multiple monitors (1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3, etc.) into a single display (seen as one monitor by Windows), use of these systems was distorting the desired results.  I modified xipergridMOD to work with these systems.  The fix essentially divides the monitor height/width calls by 2 (or 3 depending on the layout) as needed and then adds a new set of grid spots which are offset by a factor of the monitor width/height divided by 2 (or 3) for the subsequent monitors.

The attached modification, Rek2x1Eyefin, works for a 1x2 system (1 row with 2 monitors per row seen as a single display by Windows) though I will hopefully be able to get the other fixed versions up soonish.

Let me know if you have problems or if you need the other fixes sooner rather than later.

Cheers!

-Rekwan
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 01:15 AM by Rekwan »

jcollum

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2011, 10:16 AM »
I made this one this morning. It's for use across a remote desktop connection in windows. I have a dual screen on the computer that I'm actually typing at but the computer I'm remoting in to has a single screen. So with the /span switch on mstsc you can span the single screen across dual screens. This grid allows you to use a connection spanned across two monitors as a fake dual screen. I just made it, so there may be some bugs :).

-------------------------------------
|    |                  |                  |     |
|---|                  |                  |---|
-------------------------------------

mindprism

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The XT519.grid
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2011, 06:50 PM »
Here is my grid that has 519 targets.  :tellme:

Its made for a Siamese pair of monitors with a 3360x1050 rez, so the center targets are sparse.

There is a top 'docker' target bar, and below it an 'undo' or undock bar.

When you load this grid, be patient -- give it like 2 minutes or more before it will compute the first time. But once it does, you can put windows on the following:
1 1
1 2
1 4
2 2
2 4
4 2
4 4
1 6
2 6
3 6
4 6
1 8
2 8
3 8
4 8

3 2
3 4

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2011, 07:02 PM »
So many new entries!

Thank you for sharing! :beerchug:

mindprism: I hope you did NOT do all that by hand! That is just incredible!

lolmaus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2011, 07:40 AM »
Here's another simple and effective grid.

It supports up to three monitors.

The preview illustrates target areas which are pretty self-explainatory.

Amaranth13

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2011, 01:39 AM »
Hi, I love that program, Gridmove!!!  :Thmbsup:

I got the program today, and it's awesome! I need to be on chat a lot for my work and needed those two chat windows on the right, top and bottom. I was clicking to see who was saying what all the time... So I adapted the axcrusik_s_grid to add my preferred option of 3/4 of screen width for a big window and then 1/4 divided into two for top and bottom. I also added a maximize because my maximize button sometimes would act weird, and I didn't need axcrusik's middle size, so instead of 10 it became 13 options :) So I called it Thirteen. Options are:

--------
|   |   |
--------
|   |   |
--------

or:
--------
|       |
--------
|       |
--------

or:
--------
|   |   |
|   |   |
|   |   |
--------
And combinations of those three with one wide horizontal or vertical and a split one (so options with three spaces)
or my most used one:
--------
|     | |
|     ---
|     | |
--------
or minimized or maximized.

I only have one monitor so I removed the monitor 2 options because I was having trouble working out the code with so many, so people with 2 or more monitors would have to add them.

Seeing all the other grids there is some amazing stuff being done with this!! And when I get paid I also plan to make a donation :) The program is sooo useful.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2011, 03:39 AM »
Hi lolmaus and Amaranth13! Thanks for your contributions ;)

lolmaus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2011, 09:25 AM »
I've been using GridMove for some years. Tried some own and contributed grids. I've settled down with this one, i believe it's the best:

Here is what I came up with (...)

I've modified it to support 4 monitors. I didn't change shdwphnx's beautiful layout.

jcollum

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2012, 12:14 PM »
I've been using GridMove for some years. Tried some own and contributed grids. I've settled down with this one, i believe it's the best:

Wow I think this is the /thread post. That's a lot of choices. Thanks for the contribution.

Roenie

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2013, 11:01 PM »
Keeping it simple: Dual & Quad splits.
Additionally, the top left quarter has an optional split down its middle, for when you want two small (notepad) windows in there.

In the first pic below, the divisions represented by broken (dotted) lines are optional.
The second pic shows you the layout of the triggers.
The triggers are not as big as their corresponding areas, which makes it easy to "undo" the move by letting go of the mouse button outside of a trigger, and gives you more options.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:39 PM by Roenie »

Roenie

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2013, 12:49 AM »
Same as above, but adds roughly a 66%/33% horizontal split to any 2nd monitor in pivot mode.

xiperware

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2013, 02:28 AM »
So almost 4 years ago i made xipergrid1 with 66 positions using all combinations of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3.

Had a need today for some more options so i dug up the script and spent a few hours updating it. Presenting... xipergrid2 with 148 positions along the same theme using all combinations of 1/6, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 5/6 (+4 centered positions). Supports two monitors, script provided, free to use/modify/include as you like.

kippg

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Eyefinity 3x1
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2013, 03:18 PM »
Love the program but I am disappointed to see nothing recent in the way of development.  Is this project no longer being maintained?

My grid for a 3x1 Eyefinity setup.

1. Full screen left monitor
2. Full screen middle monitor
3. Full screen right monitor
4. Left half of left monitor
5. Right half of left monitor
6. Left half of middle monitor
7. Right half of middle monitor
8. Left half of right monitor
9. Right half of right monitor
10. Left monitor "On Top"
11. Middle monitor "On Top"
12. Right monitor "On Top"
13. Left side full screen across all 3 monitors (for when Eyefinity is disabled)
14. Right side full screen across all 3 monitors (for when Eyefinity is disabled)

Attached is a screen capture and the grid.

blithen

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2013, 10:29 AM »
Is it possible on my second monitor to have all grids ignore the bottom section of the screen? I have Display Fusion and the grids make the windows extend passed the second taskbar I have on there.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2013, 06:45 AM »
For that, you really need to edit your grids to make sure that everywhere you see "monitor2bottom", you replace with "monitor2bottom+20" (assuming the toolbar takes 20pixels). You probably should also replace "monitor2height" with "monitor2height-20", to make sure the height of the screen is also adjusted correctly.

Zenithik

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2013, 03:03 AM »
I have also written a grid for an Eyefinity set up. This one has bezel compensation built in and very easy instructions for changing the values to match your specific bezel compensation needs (couldn't find a way to add variables). Additionally, its easy to change the trigger area size for both the top trigger area and the sides.

The basic layout is that of default Windows 7, with snapping to the full width and height of a monitor, or half of either side.

EDIT: Upgraded grid to deal with different bezel compensation amounts for the left and right bezels.
Plan on adding vertical snapping for top and bottom halfs of the screen as well as moving full screen to center.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 09:40 PM by Zenithik, Reason: Updated Grid »

DJ Azero

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2014, 04:18 PM »
Wow! It's supertool! Today've been looking for a suitable me scheme, did not find suitable. Quickly understand and wrote his.

Scheme for two monitors. The screen is divided into several halves, thirds and fourths in many variants. Intuitively located zones and expanders on the edges of the screen. Just try!

I had long dreamed about a similar program for Windows and now I'm completely happy, tomorrow will share with colleagues! Greetings from Russia!

Sydneystonehed

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2015, 05:09 AM »
Hi guys new to all this gridmove stuff and making grids am looking for a very simple 8 window 1 screen grid all the same size 2 rows 4 columns. really dont need any special features if anyone could help i would be very grateful yours the ever noobish Sydney :D

theloot123

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2015, 08:25 PM »
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

So I bought a 42in UHD/monitor and needed a window manager. Found GridMove and the rest is history. Built this grid to be mouse driven and capable of generating multiple window configurations on the fly. I use this simultaneously with Gridy a snap-to-grid based window manager to fill in where this grid has limitations. When these two are used in tandem it works like magic.

Grid Size: 12(w) x 10(h)
Triggers: 840 (36x30)
Features: Mouse driven, nine direction grid, suitable for UHD monitors
Monitors supported:1 (only because of the number of triggers which seem to stop rendering properly at around 1250. If you don't need to see the triggers this can be easily adapted for multiple monitors.)
First Load: ~8 secs
Built using spreadsheet

:D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:32 PM by theloot123 »