ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

GridMove: Grids Here

<< < (11/28) > >>

crr:
Wow, GridMove is just what I've been searching for - I downloaded as soon as I found it and setup my grids within minutes.  I'm a visual person, so I "forget" what else I have going on so I like to have everything open and clickable without ALT+TAB or taskbar.

Sharing my setup which is pretty simple (6 grids) over two big monitors.  Monitor 1 is workspace where I have three overlapping windows so I can work on script or document in one while browser and e-mail visible "behind" (at least I can see if email comes in and my to do list).  Monitor 2 is big workspace with a "sidebar" where I can stick Skype and IM and see them all without juggling windows.

kellyllek:
I'm just trying out the program and it's pretty cool. I wondered though, once you have a grid, is there an automatic way to lay your windows onto it the same way you can right-clicking the taskbar and saying "Show Windows Stacked" or "Show Windows Side By Side".?

I remember also seeing in the past a way for Windows to memorize multiple locations. Ideally, what I'd like to do, is open up say 5 different programs or websites in their particular location, all with one click. I'm starting to work with Drupal at the moment and I'd love to site to be in one location, Photoshop to be in another, notepad+ in a 3rd, a couple of different browsers going, etc...     Now, when I'm doing a particular task it's a bit of an ordeal just getting started.

Lastly, The Dual Screen grid is perfect for what I need, but I need it in reverse. I'm going to see if I can't flip my monitor plugs rather than try and rebuild the grid!

jgpaiva:
Hi kellyllek!
(sorry for the late response :( )
No, GridMove can't automatically place windows.. It's on my todo-list (has been suggested quite a few times already), but I really haven't had any time recently to implement new features into GridMove, I've been only doing bug-fixing.

Regarding the grid you requested, try the grid I've attached to this post, it can do both dual-screen and dual-screen reversed ;) (it's a bit more complex, though).
Also, it's the one I use :)

shdwphnx:
Heard about GridMove a couple of days ago, and downloaded it yesterday.   I've been playing with it since then, and have to say that it is an incredibly useful little utility.  Spent most of the night learning how to make grids so I could get one that works exactly the way I wanted.   Here is what I came up with, in case anyone else is interested...

FYI: It can handle up to 3 monitors, although there are no layouts in it which cross to other monitors (meaning the layouts on monitor 1 only affect monitor 1, etc.).

tomos:
Heard about GridMove a couple of days ago, and downloaded it yesterday.   I've been playing with it since then, and have to say that it is an incredibly useful little utility.  Spent most of the night learning how to make grids so I could get one that works exactly the way I wanted.   Here is what I came up with, in case anyone else is interested...
-shdwphnx (February 26, 2009, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

that looks impressive - thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version