ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

Feature request for GridMove

(1/3) > >>

Lashiec:
So this have been troubling me for years, but 'til I asked Wordzilla about it, I didn't found a possible solution, which would be GridMove. OK, so the problem is that I want to fit in the exact center of my desktop a window of any given size. Yep, no resizing (at least for now). A shot to explain the problem.

Feature request for GridMove
See that "Fusion 3.51 - blablabla" window there? I want to move that window (960x720, but should be extensible to any window size) to the exact center of my desktop (1280x1024, but it should be extensible to any other resolution). Essentially, it's a math job that sometimes I did using a ruler (no kidding), but with some other windows it was a nuisance. If all windows could be maximized without side effects, there would be no problem, but giving some of the software I handle, that's no possible, either because the software was designed to have the window like that, either because it looks terrible on full screen (this is the case, for example).

Well, I think that's all. I hope I expressed my problem/request clearly so you could understand what I'm asking. Feel free to flame me if the written expression of my thoughts is terrible, the request is unrealizable, if I'm a tiny little perfectionist.. well, you see the point ;D

jgpaiva:
I'm sorry, i'm now leaving for vacations.

This isn't in the scope of gridmove, because gridmove always resises the window.
But this really isn't very hard to do as an ahk app, i'm sure some of the other ahk coders here could easily do it.

If not, i'll try to do it soon (but it'll take me some time)

f0dder:
If you don't mind doing it manually, try http://www.codeproject.com/tools/WindowScraper_Utility.asp - it's "center" feature is annoying on multimonitor systems, though :)

Lashiec:
Thanks a lot f0dder! I'll give it a try. Most of the software that will use the feature save their window position, so it's a one-time job. And I see it has a resize feature. Neat!

tinjaw:
Lashiec,

Do I understand you correctly? You want to take an existing windows, of any size, and just center it on a single monitor?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version