ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

SendMessage Plug-in

<< < (3/5) > >>

Ehtyar:
As i suspected, there were several threads referring to this kind of feature requests (most of which reference winamp as an example, which is not a good idea given that Ian's product is in direct competition with it, but whatever...) all of which appear to have been entirely ignored by Ian. I shall not make my own post on the forums requesting this, however feel free to give it a go yourself if you feel you can sway him. Thanks again for your input Lashiec, and if you have any success, please let me know and i will be more than happy to create an alias file for you :)

Ehtyar.

Lashiec:
The particular way of requesting features in Un4Seen land works like this:

If you have a suggestion for a new feature, then the accepted way of getting it added is to form a mob armed with pitchforks and flaming torches, and march on Castle Luck. Popularity of new features is gauged by mob size, and accuracy of thrown pitchforks.

--- End quote ---

I'll post something on the forum's request thread later. I need to assemble some new suggestions to add to the unaccepted ones in the last version.

f0dder:
The particular way of requesting features in Un4Seen land works like this:

If you have a suggestion for a new feature, then the accepted way of getting it added is to form a mob armed with pitchforks and flaming torches, and march on Castle Luck. Popularity of new features is gauged by mob size, and accuracy of thrown pitchforks.

--- End quote ---

I'll post something on the forum's request thread later. I need to assemble some new suggestions to add to the unaccepted ones in the last version.
-Lashiec (July 29, 2007, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Seems like an arrogant bastard... wouldn't use any of the guy's products.

Ehtyar:
-f0dder (July 29, 2007, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Lets hope you're not using foobar2000 either, same deal with its author if you ask me. However, despite Ian's shortcomings in regards to accepting user input, until now i had been yet to find fault with xmplay, i just love it.
Lashiec, let us know the thread you post to, so people can add themselves to your mob :)

Ehtyar.

Lashiec:
-f0dder (July 29, 2007, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

HAHAHA! f0dder, I think you didn't catch the joke. There's this joke going since a lot ago in the forums that basically Ian is a medieval lord ruling over the 'English' land from his Luck castle. He is a ruthless lord, albeit thoughtful, and the only way to request something from him is by force. Basically, if you want something implemented either in BASS or XMPlay, the more people requesting it, the better. The explanation is a bit made-up, partly true, partly my interpretations on the matter. The guy did accept lots of request on the past, even some ones from me, although I'm not exactly a regular there, but exactly the reversal.

Lets hope you're not using foobar2000 either, same deal with its author if you ask me.
-Ehtyar (July 29, 2007, 04:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Peter Pawlowski is worse in that regard. He does accept requests. You post an idea in the forums, and if you're lucky, next foobar2000 version will have that feature implemented. But you don't have a mean to know if Peter will do something about it or not, and that's including comments on the matter. Ian doesn't comment everything, but at least he make some input. Peter is totally silent.

Of course, foobar2000 is practically user-programmable, so Peter only sets up the basics. It's up to plugin coders and foobar users to shape up the player. And plugin coders does accept suggestions. I mean, they live on that ;D

Lashiec, let us know the thread you post to, so people can add themselves to your mob :)
-Ehtyar (July 29, 2007, 04:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure thing. The usual thing done there is once a new version is out, a new thread with requests for the new version is started. Much more like the thing we do here with FARR, but instead of requesting BEFORE the developing phase, we do it DURING the developing, to prevent mouser for releasing the new version before the next Windows version or something >:D. Oh yeah, the link

WHOA! I think I got carried on a bit...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version