ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Create a containing folder by right clicking on a file

<< < (12/27) > >>

CleverCat:
I got it to work - seems it's a matter of timing... ;D

BigJim:
Could you elaborate on that, CleverCat?

ak_:
Actually, the program checks if the Shift key is down when it starts. So you can press the shift key before launching Filenanny (and keep it down when you launch it, of course). That's why Armando's method should work, that's what i do.

BigJim:
OK, I think I've got it now. Thanks.  :Thmbsup:

It seems to me, though, that the times that you would NOT want to do some small edit of the folder name are very few. I would favor having it go directly to the rename box by default and do away with the shift key altogether. If you didn't want to make a change you're already a lot of clicks and keystrokes ahead of the game and could simply hit the OK button.

Having said that, since the whole point and value of your app is streamlining the process, how about having it deliver you right to the new folder after hitting OK? Almost always, after downloading and saving a file, you'll want to open it, unzip it or whatever and this would be a further advantage.   8)

Curt:
Really nice work, ak_!!  :)

If one day you are going to work on this program again, then maybe you would consider to change two letters, the "f" and the first "n", to capital "F" and "N", please? The name of the program clearly is FileNanny (capital F and N), but the exe file is named filenanny.exe (f and n). So when I used FileNanny to tell filenanny to go to her room, she didn't went to FileNanny, but to filenanny.

- Sorry for making a short story long...

Fine program!  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version