ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Create a containing folder by right clicking on a file

<< < (19/27) > >>

TheBigGuy:
I just found your great creation after wanting a similar tool for a long time. Awesome job creating this super useful tool. I wish I had your skills, but seeing as how I don't, maybe I could request another feature. I often download a folder full of may files that are related. Your FileNanny greatly simplifies sorting them into folders, however I am left with many files that have to be manually sorted into the corresponding folder afterwards.

example: newfile_v101.exe
             newfile_v101.txt
             newfile_v101.nfo
             newfile_v101.jpg

If all these related files could be right selected and then moved by FileNanny to the newly created folder, that would be the ultimate time saver. Many thanks for what is already a very useful utility, this functionality would only be an added bonus. Thanks, again.

kartal:
FN does not work on multiple files? It could have been nice to use on multiple files as well. Great job thou

lanux128:
does anyone else agree that ak_ needs a DC web space to showcase all his wonderful scripts? i wanted to introduce FileNanny to a colleague and had to do some navigation to find the latest version. :)

ak_:
TheBigGuy> glad you like FileNanny :) If by "related files" you mean "files with the same name, extension excepted", then it should be a very simple feature to add.

kartal> At the time, it doesn't work with multiple files. What are you thinking about, putting each selected file in a unique folder or putting all selected files in the same folder ? The first behaviour seems the more appropriate to me and it's a shame it doesn't work already :) I'll look into this.

lanux> Hehe thanks :) I've been thinking about creating of small website for my scripts but i didn't know if it would be useful to anyone. If you say it would be, i guess i have to go and do it :)  I don't remember the way to create a dcmembers website, i think it's somewhere on the forum, i'll check it out.

mouser:
Gothi[c], our beloved server admin here, would be happy to create a dcmembers account for you.  And I agree with lanux it would be nice to have a website for your stuff!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version