ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: ShoutcastConcierge/ helpful tool to show some shoutcast stream titles

<< < (2/6) > >>

skrommel:
 :tellme: I'd almost forgot.

I'm still not shure about this, but give me a few hours and I'll see if I can wrap it up.

My StreamCastTitle reads from WinAmp's bookmarks, and shows the title and more in a listview.

Any suggestions for improvements?

Here's a screenshot of the current version:

Skrommel

brotherS:
I'm still not shure about this, but give me a few hours and I'll see if I can wrap it up.

My StreamCastTitle reads from WinAmp's bookmarks, and shows the title and more in a listview.

Any suggestions for improvements?
-skrommel (November 05, 2005, 10:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
After thinking about it a bit, here they are:

a) allow the user to resize the window with the mouse
b) in the GUI, allow to choose which columns are to be displayed (I'm most interested in the "Now playing" column and a tiny window)
c) allow to "import #[insert number here] from playlist" or - even better - "import what's playing now" (if possible) - the playlist is text only, should work
d) insert a checkmark column as the first column, where you could easily enable/disable a source from being updated (some streams are not interesting all of the time)
e) just thinking out loud for this one (probably hard to add): add a "update interval" column where one could set how often that stream needs to be updated. For example, streams that play single titles would need an update every 60 seconds, streams that only play longer live shows maybe only every 300 seconds.

If you can't or don't like to add all that right now just get it out in the wild ASAP or let me beta test it first. :D

Thanks!  :up:

mouser:
this sure sounds like its going to be passing the boundries of the size of app that should be written in autohotkey..

brotherS:
I don't think so, AutoHotkey is very powerful. But maybe it would be easier in C? No idea...

skrommel:
 8) A bit further down the line...

And you can even have it watch for song titles or artist names, and change stream automatically!

Skrommel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version