ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: ShoutcastConcierge/ helpful tool to show some shoutcast stream titles

(1/6) > >>

brotherS:
Hi,

since the day I virtually completely stopped listening to mp3 files and started to listen to live streams only I'm searching for a tool like this! Reason why: I'm listening to about 7 streams - and while most of them DO have a schedule it happens that a live show is delayed or canceled or another show comes up unexpected - so I have to stop listening to the stream I'm listening to, only to check what the other streams are playing... This is what Shoutcast Overview (just a suggestion for a name that would give good Google results) should do and look like:

* a tiny window with no menues on the desktop
* the window would show the shoutcast titles for a number of chosen streams
* in the window, there would be an on/off switch for every visible entry
* right-clicking the window or the tray icon will give you a menu for options/quit/etc.
* there should be an option to turn off the taskbar 'icon' (so that you'll only have the tray icon)
* in the options you would set the interval of the title updates, like: a) wait X seconds before checking next stream and b) wait Y seconds before start with the first active stream again
* the options should allow to import single (not all!) entries from a Winamp playlist (ASCII)
* in the options, there would be a show/not-show switch to change the visibility of the entries in the desktop window
You see that I gave it quite a thought already :) Would be really, really great if someone would code it! :up:

If there should be any questions about how to code the shoutcast part of the tool, I bet there are folks willing to help available in the Winamp forum.

Also, since there are millions of shoutcast and Winamp users, this could also mean quite some attention for DonationCoder.com if you list the tool in places like http://fileforum.betanews.com/ and tell some popular freeware/shareware news sites about it.

Thoughts and feedback please! :)

skrommel:
 :huh: I've got a working script here, but I'm not shure if I should post it.

Wouldn't this totally break the Shoutcast network? Even now it's sometimes a problem to get into certain streams, and you can't update the radio and tv list more than once every minute. What's needed is a Now Playing-site, or that a song's title is presented in the ShoutCaste header, and not buried inside the stream.

Any thoughts?

Skrommel

brotherS:
:huh: I've got a working script here, but I'm not sure if I should post it.

Wouldn't this totally break the Shoutcast network?-skrommel (September 20, 2005, 04:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Right, I was not clear about that  :-[

* in the options you would set the interval of the title updates, like: a) wait X seconds before checking next stream and b) wait Y seconds before start with the first active stream again - minimum would be 60 secondsShould be no problem... especially since I only listen to streams that NEVER reach there maximum listener capacity :)

brotherS:
I thought again about it... I think the code should not pause it for 60 seconds but make sure that one entry/stream URL isn't checked more than once a minute. That way one could set a) and b) to 20 seconds - for five streams it would mean >60 seconds delay for each stream.

brotherS:
Please, dear skrommel, let us have this :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version