topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:10 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Respectance - a site for remembering people you lost  (Read 5200 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Respectance - a site for remembering people you lost
« on: July 25, 2007, 05:07 AM »
I thought in the past about setting up a site like this.. It's a nice idea i think (whether this is the site you want to use or not I don't know)..

We all want to know that we are special, that our lives have meaning and that we will have a lasting impact on the people who matter to us.

Respectance is the place to instantly create a personalized website where our family and friends come together to share their favorite memories and relive those irreplaceable moments.

If a picture says a thousand words, movies and sound say even more. Respectance allows visitors to upload photos evoking special memories. Visitors select their favorite photos, background music and theme which are all automatically mixed into a special video clip, suitable for downloading or delivery on DVD.

Now, no matter how far away people may be, or whether or not they can make it to the funeral, everyone can come together to offer memories, share memories and treasure their personalised, multimedia tribute.

Respectance understands how hard it can be when a loved one passes away. With an aging population, this is becoming more relevant than ever. People need to express their feelings, especially at this tragic time. A good memorial experience makes us feel better about ourselves and each other: it’s all about respect, and acceptance. Respectance is there to help people take control of the memorial experience.

Respectance lets individuals create, show, experience and share their emotions. We enable memories and emotions to become a rich, personalized, multimedia tribute that contributes to the healing process.

http://respectance.com/

Screenshot - 7_25_2007 , 5_03_58 AM_thumb.png

from http://www.downloadsquad.com/

lls

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • My blog
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Respectance - a site for remembering people you lost
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 11:49 PM »
Thank you, mouser.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:43 AM »
Got a brother-in-law who died long before his time at age 32. His two young kids could use a site like this. Thanks for sharing.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 08:11 AM »
Interesting Mouser. Thank you for this. I attended a memorial service for a high school friend who died after being in a coma for five years (heart attack at 32) - when the time is right, I might suggest this to his wife and family.