ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

r4r - Lightweight media player

(1/3) > >>

ronriel:
Here's a media player I developed to learn Autoit3.
Check here for more info: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48542

I hope you like it.

mouser:
now that is pretty cool  :up:
ps. nice to see some autoit users posting!

lanux128:
nice work, ronriel.. :Thmbsup: now, a screenshot would be nicer.. ;)

fowmow:
This is definitely cool.  And all this time I thought AutoIt had remained an automation language.

You used nothing else aside from the AutoIt programming language to create this?

It has a very small footprint and I love the fade effect.  A few things I noticed after messing with it for a couple seconds is:

1.  No notification whether or not "loop" is on or off.

2.  No notification whether or not "random" is on or off.

3.  When there is no media loaded, play does not prompt for a file.  This is a common practice of other audio players.

4.  When there is no media loaded, hitting stop makes "Stopped" appear at the top.  Not technically true if there was no media loaded in the first place to stop.   ;)

5.  The scrolling of the title seems to "jerk" into view each new word, rather than scroll letter by letter.  No biggie, just caught me off guard at first.

6.  There is no six, but I loathe odd numbers.

So, was this a fairly complicated process or is it a bunch of GUI clicks and clacks until you've got something that works?

fowmow:
Hrmm... I guess there is a 6.

6.  I'm not sure what methods you employ or what native abilities of AutoIt are being utilized, but when I attempted to retrieve lyrics from one of the two sites mentioned, my firewall was not alerted to its activity in normal fashion.

Instead, I see that it was blocked my firewall.  Normally software would request a "program access" to the outside world via a protocol, and would have a destination IP.  Your program for some reason provided none of those things and in fact the reason for automatic blocking was because your program did not identify the type of request it was making.

This would have been handled automatically by using whatever network related APIs and functions that were available in said language.  I can only guess that AutoIt does something a little oddball in that respect?

Anyway, as it stands now I would have to go into my firewall settings and add your program manually.  Of course, I have no clue what protocol it needed without checking so I'd have to allow any (UDP, TCP, ICMP, IGMP or any combination of those), and I'd have to DNS those 2 domains to list destinations.  OK, I *could* just add the domain, but I'm a stickler.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version