ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Converting DRM protected music files: software recommendations

<< < (6/7) > >>

Curt:
Today's giveawayoftheday is first of all a DRM remover and only then a converter
-Curt (November 20, 2008, 11:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

---

Sorry for not coming back to this thread, in time to answer your questions when the deal still was on, but I was struggling with my new PC. I took the giveaway, for my new Vista, and used the occasion to upgrade to PRO, for £9, and used this PRO to the purchase an extra license of PRO for $3. It was not possible to upgrade the giveaway version for $3.

HOWEVER, all these licenses are marked as special licenses, they will not grant me the same rights as full price deals, when the next major update comes.

dudude:
I just tried to convert an M4P file in my iTunes folder and I selected MP3 as the output folder using Digital media converter. I encountered several dialog windows before i could finally "start to burn", yet the "Device Error" message popped up. i also tried another program called "TuneClone Audio Converter", which performed great as it applies the virtual CD burning tech to speed up the burning and encoding process. However I won't pay for it since $34.95 is a little bit expensive for me. So i am still looking for a cheap and easy to use program of this kind.

Any recommendations?
Urgently needed.

Darwin:
Hi dudude,

I use Noteburner for the same purpose and have had no problems with it. Crumb, just noticed it's $34.95 as well... I bought it at $19. I don't know of any solution for iTunes files that will remove the DRM without the computer being authorized to play the track, though... Don't know if that applies to you or not.

Curt:
Ghacks is offering Media Converter today, Thursday 11th 2008:
http://cybernetnews.com/2008/12/10/giveaway-daniusoft-media-converter-works-with-drmd-media/

–The Giveaway–

We have 10 licenses to Daniusoft Media Converter (valued at $34.95 each) to giveaway today! All you have to do is drop a comment below providing both your name and email address in the appropriate fields. We obviously need your email address for contacting you in the event that you should win. Believe it or not we’ve actually had winners in previous giveaways get randomly selected, but since they didn’t provide an email address we had to pick someone else.

Just as with all of our giveaways we will be using a random number generator to determine the winners. For this round here is how we’re going to give out the licenses:

* 1 winner will be picked from comment numbers 1 through 5
    * 9 winners will be picked from comment numbers 1 through however many comments there are.

Entries for the giveaway will be accepted up until December 11th at 7:00PM Central Time.
--- End quote ---

+
... I ... used the occasion to upgrade to PRO, for $9, and used this PRO to the purchase an extra license of PRO for $3. -Curt (November 21, 2008, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

tomos:
I just tried to convert an M4P file in my iTunes folder and I selected MP3 as the output folder ....
... So i am still looking for a cheap and easy to use program of this kind.

Any recommendations?
Urgently needed.
-dudude (November 24, 2008, 08:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm in the same situation as dudude (urgently needed as well) looking for a recommendation for:-

I want to convert a couple of MP4 and FLV files to mp3
that I only want to do a couple I dont really want to invest in software
so something free would be great - or online conversion or even a trial that would do the job?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version