ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Converting DRM protected music files: software recommendations

(1/7) > >>

cnewtonne:
I have a need to convert some DRM protected music files that I purchased absolutely legally. However, I need to have them convert to an MP3 format so I can play them on my CD player, Treo, and IPod shuffle.

I searched the web and came up with these 3 contenders, TuneBite, SoundTaxi, and NoteBurner. I tested all, they all were able to do the conversion.
This music conversion tools business if full of crab and trashy vendors. To be specific ...

- I would like to hear from other users what their experience has been with any of these products, good and bad.
- If you used TuneBite, do you know if it can convert unprotected files too

Thank you

jgpaiva:
Another very used method would be to burn a cd with the musics, and then rip them back.
(notice that you don't actually have to burn a cd, you can only make an iso, then mount it on a virtual drive).

Lashiec:
I would go for Total Recorder to minimize the quality loss, and for convenience as well

BigJim:
There are lots of recording programs around - many very good (e.g. Audacity). Total Recorder costs but, I agree, it absolutely rocks for quality and functionality. I've been using it for years and have never regretted paying for it and all of the add-ons. Their support is great, too!   8)

Stella95:
Here is another good converter -TuneCab. I use it to convert almost all DRM-protected files, and I am completely satisfied with it's speed and quality.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version