ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

How to punish DonationCoder if you are angry at being nagged to donate

<< < (6/8) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I say this only to say that the software discounts have, instead of saved me money, provoked me to buy software applications I otherwise wouldn't have.  Sure, they're purchases I love--but I'm amused that instead of "taking advantage of" it's more a matter of having been taken advantage of! (Not by DC, of course--just in general, damned sales stickers...)
--- End quote ---

Ditto ...

It's human nature - long before the internet my grandmother used to love going to the local market to 'get a bargain' ... lots of market boys doing a lot of shouting and knocking down prices to sill levels ... sound familiar. The fact that she brought home a pile of junk didn't upset her ... as with Allen she loved her purchases!

Laughing Man:
Lol, I think I want a member kit. Stickers!

Darwin:
Allen wrote:
My father often joked about sales one day being his financial ruin--I'm sure many others have made the same joke; whether it's they or their significant others buying a bunch of stuff "on sale" that they otherwise wouldn't buy.  While it would save them money if these were things they'd  have purchased anyway, that not being the case the result is increased spending, not saving.

--- End quote ---

This ties right in with the discussion of the saying "I'm saving so much money I'm going broke"!

EDIT: corrected missing hyperlink - thanks to jgpaiva for pointing it out to me!

Cloq:
Everytime there is a donation nag, an "anonymous" cody fan gets to pluck one of Cody's tailfeathers.  :Thmbsup:

tonsofpcs:
I haven't donated?
Why?
I don't trust paypal.  I've heard too many horror stories.  I will not open an account with them, I will not give them my CC number.  Anyway, I hate credit cards and debt to begin with. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version