ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

AHK Help anyone?

(1/7) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
EDIT 2: Once again, just reviving this with a new question. Not sure if anyone can fix this one, though (not fix, more like figure out how to do it...its confusing to explain much less code). If you can help, just scroll to the bottom - all things in the middle are past problems. Thanks all!

EDIT: I am reviving an old thread, so ignore the bottom part of this. Just scroll down until you see my post with the bold & underlined text, that is the new problem I am having. :)

Ok, assuming you have read the title, here is the skinny:

I am trying to make a program to replace an old, no longer supported program known as Giggles (the site is down, it appears, so I cannot link). It takes user input and holds it, until a Function key is pressed, where it then takes the input and types it out.

I can get the program I have made to STORE the data (as the AHK script window hides, as it should, as I don't have NoHide set), but I can't get it to SEND the text. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong??? I have been working on it for a while now and if I don't get it soon I am going to go crazy...

Here is the code- I don't know html or ... what's it called... well I can't make the button to hide/show the code on the post, so here it is (this is what I am up to now, I can't really advance until I get this problem sorted out):

;Replacement for Giggles Beta 9
;CompuTech Computer Maintenance and Coding Co
;Coded by Brandon Seal

Gui, Add, Tab,, Info|About|Setup F2|Setup F3|Setup F4|Setup F5|Setup F6|Setup F7|Setup F8|Setup F9|Setup F10|Setup F11|Setup F12
Gui, Font, Norm
Gui, Add, Text, , Welcome to WreckedGiggles, the Giggles Test Replacement.`nThis is still in development, and there are bugs to be expected.`nIf you have used Giggles before, you should understand the system here, so go ahead and get started!`nOtherwise, click the button below.
Gui, Add, Text, , -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gui, Add, Button, gInstructions, Instructions
Gui, Add, Text, , -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gui, Tab, 2
Gui, Add, Text, , WreckedGiggles is a replacement for the popular Giggles program developed for There.`nIt is coded by Brandon Seal, owner of CompuTech Computer Maintenance and Coding Co.`nThis program is known as DonationWare; it is free, but donations are requested if you like the program.
Gui, Tab, 3
Gui, Add, Edit, r5 vf2
Gui, Add, Button, gf2save, Apply
Gui, Tab, 4
Gui, Add, Edit, r5
Gui, Add, Button, Apply
Gui, Tab, 5
Gui, Add, Edit, r5
Gui, Add, Button, Apply
Gui, Tab, 6
Gui, Add, Edit, r5
Gui, Add, Button, Apply
Gui, Tab, 7
Gui, Add, Edit, r5
Gui, Add, Button, Apply
Gui, Tab, 8
Gui, Add, Edit, r5
Gui, Add, Button, Apply
Gui, Tab, 9
Gui, Add, Edit, r5
Gui, Add, Button, Apply
Gui, Tab, 10
Gui, Add, Edit, r5
Gui, Add, Button, Apply
Gui, Tab, 11
Gui, Add, Edit, r5
Gui, Add, Button, Apply
Gui, Tab, 12
Gui, Add, Edit, r5
Gui, Add, Button, Apply
Gui, Tab, 13
Gui, Add, Edit, r5
Gui, Add, Button, Apply
Gui, Show
return

;Command list

Instructions:
MsgBox, WreckedGiggles is simple to setup & use- you can be done in minutes!`nStep 1: Click each of the Function Key tabs and set your desired text and click Apply.`nStep 2: Close the main window of the WreckedGiggles program.`nStep 3: When in-world, press the desired Function key (F2 through F11) and your text and emotes will display!

f2save:
Gui, Submit
Return

{F2}:
GuiControlGet, v12

(End of script)

Any help is useful, even ideas...
-Wreckedcarzz
(script is attached)

AbteriX:
Here is an download for your original Giggles:
Giggles Beta 9 - OracleOfDelphi's excellent software designed specifically for There.
http://www.thumdar.com/downloads.html
AHK Help anyone?

##################################################################

Any help is useful, even ideas...-wreckedcarzz (July 23, 2007, 09:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

f2save:
Gui, Submit
Return-You
--- End quote ---

I mean RETURN means "return at this point".
So you never will reach
{F2}:
GuiControlGet, v12-You
--- End quote ---

Try instead

f2save:
Gui, Submit
{F2}:
GuiControlGet, v12
Return
--- End quote ---

Note, i am no coder and didn't have test your code, just an suggestion.

wreckedcarzz:
It is a good theory, but those are 2 different commands. :(
The 1st stores the text that you put in, and the F2 is the one that *should* output it.
Good idea, though.

AbteriX:

...and the F2 is the one that *should* output it.-wreckedcarzz (July 24, 2007, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't get it.... where's the output?
"GuiControlGet" is to GET an info .... not to output ??!?!? isn't it?

What output do you aspect?
And where should the output appear?

You should use better var names then
Gui, Add, Edit, r5 vf2
or/and make heavy use of comments like
Gui, Add, Edit, r5 vf2  ; here is an comment, r5 = 5 rows, vf2 = var f2
Later if your script works or you have no more question to others
you can remove the comments (but you should keep an version with comments!  :Thmbsup:)

---

I think it should be smtg like (is v12 a variable?)

F2::
{
GuiControlGet, v12 ; get the info (but from where???) and store it into the var v12
MsgBox v12 is: %v12% ; output the stored info
}
Return

See the help
GuiControlGet
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retrieves various types of information about a control in a GUI window.
GuiControlGet, OutputVar [, Sub-command, ControlID, Param4]
--- End quote ---

OK, i download the script and will see what i can get.
Maybe you will get quicker success if you ask in the http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/ ?  :D

AbteriX:
And you have no code to store and get the settings?
See the help for inwrite and iniread

IniWrite, %f2%, %A_ScriptName%.ini, Settings, f2
IniRead, f2,   %A_ScriptName%.ini, Settings, f2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version