ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Maxthon 2 Released

<< < (5/7) > >>

nudone:
thanks for being here, Mamoun.

i have tried to arrange the toolbar and buttons around in maxthon 2 and i really can't get the same layout i'm happy with when using the older version of maxthon.

here's a screen shot of what i use.

it might seem trivial but this is what i'm used to and i find the position of the 'go' and 'back' button to be just how i want them, i.e. in the center of the toolbar.

i tried to set the maxthon 2 toolbar and menus the same but i couldn't do it. i will try again just to be sure.

Curt:
Customizability is a good thing, but cannot be the goal itself, can it. If M2 stays as slow as Firefox, but doesn't have the same endless list of extensions as the fox, it may need further raison d'ˆtre. I keep using Max 1.6 for the speed, not for the number of extensions or the customizing. Don't get me wrong; I would love to have all the same extensions for Maxthon as I have for my Firefox, but because of the lack of speed I only use Firefox when I need a feature from one of the addons. If Firefox was as fast as Maxthon 1.6  I would always use Firefox! On the other hand, if Maxthon had the same useful addons as Firefox  I would never use Mozilla!

M2 is still a baby, and a lovely baby that is! Now, please concentrate on speed and addons!

Edit:  I too want the navigation buttons (go + back) to be in the center of the toolbar.

Darwin:
Yup, I'm with Curt on this one. Another biggie for me is that a number of IE plugins that I like and use under 1.6.1 aren't supported under M2 and/or aren't as nice to use under M2 (Roboform, for example. Netsnippets is on that I simply cannot get to work. Period.). These are deal breakers for me, for now. M2 is installed but I am not using it, still defaulting to M 1.6.1   :-*

Mamoun:
thanks for being here, Mamoun.

i have tried to arrange the toolbar and buttons around in maxthon 2 and i really can't get the same layout i'm happy with when using the older version of maxthon.

here's a screen shot of what i use.

**snipped**

it might seem trivial but this is what i'm used to and i find the position of the 'go' and 'back' button to be just how i want them, i.e. in the center of the toolbar.

i tried to set the maxthon 2 toolbar and menus the same but i couldn't do it. i will try again just to be sure.
-nudone (August 09, 2007, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have done the customizations for you, download the attachment then extract it to your Maxthon folder / Your e-mail account in case you are using a personal account, or the folder shared account in case of a shared account (Duh! :P) / config /

Replace the UI.xml while Maxthon is closed.

Of course some buttons or menu items are not available, But it's only an example to how to change the interface the way you like, I'm not trying to convince you to try it, just showing something you might have missed.

Yup, I'm with Curt on this one. Another biggie for me is that a number of IE plugins that I like and use under 1.6.1 aren't supported under M2 and/or aren't as nice to use under M2 (Roboform, for example. Netsnippets is on that I simply cannot get to work. Period.). These are deal breakers for me, for now. M2 is installed but I am not using it, still defaulting to M 1.6.1   :-*
-Darwin (August 09, 2007, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, IE plugins don't work (at least until now), but roboform's lower toolbar works, only the native support is not available, Use the system tray icon of roboform to attach it to Maxthon's windows...

Darwin:
Yeah, IE plugins don't work (at least until now), but roboform's lower toolbar works, only the native support is not available, Use the system tray icon of roboform to attach it to Maxthon's windows...
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'm aware of the workaround, but I hate running the Roboform sys tray icon (hogs precious resources and if I'm running M2 there are even more resources drifting away!). Yes, I know - I'm high maintenance! I'm confident that these issues will be resolved over time and comtent to bide my time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version