ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Maxthon 2 Released

<< < (6/7) > >>

Mamoun:
I'm confident that these issues will be resolved over time and comtent to bide my time.
-Darwin (August 09, 2007, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Fingers crossed. :)
Thanks for your feedback BTW. :)

Josh:
resources? Using about 3 megs on my system, dont know about yours.

Darwin:
I just opened up M2 with a blank page and it gobbled up 24 MB of RAM and 17 MB VM. However, Maxthon 1.6.1 uses 23 MB of RAM and 28 MB of VM! M2 starts with a single blank page, M1.6.1 with five pages from various sites (DC included). The big concern for me at the moment is the plug-in support, though. Looks like I'll need to eat crow on the resource use though... Thanks for that Josh (he mumbles through a mouthful of black, and not very clean, feathers), thank you very much!

PS I'm a bit concerned about your 3 megs vs. my 17... I'm on a 3 year old centrino notebook (single core) with a gig of PC2100 RAM running WinXP Pro Sp-2...

Darwin:
Mamoun - thanks for all the effort that you put into the beta testing (If I am not mistaken, it was you that sent out the beta update notifications, no?). Anyway, welcome to DC - please visit more often!  :D

nudone:
thanks for the ui file, Mamoun.

regrettably, i have to say that it still doesn't work like the old maxthon layout i have. yes, the 'go' and 'back' buttons are in the center but it appears to be impossible to put anything alongside the top menu toolbar.

is that enough of an excuse for me to not use maxthon 2?

well, it does seem trivial so i will try using the new version - but like darwin i use RoboForm a lot so that might be the deal breaker for me.

i probably was just being a bit defeatist when i tried maxthon 2 but your encouragement has prompted me to try again...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version