ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[feature request] i have no idea if this is hard to do...

(1/4) > >>

nitrix-ud:
Hi mouser, i'd like to suggest a small feature but which would be very useful for some complex alias

i have an alias to search my music, since all my music is organized in folders, i only search folder, then i can play it or enqueue it to winamp thanks to the action keyword "open_winamp" :

--- ---Music album search $$1 | dosearch -alias +folder_music +open_winamp +\ $$1
see capture when i search music (m + keyword) : m mar

when i select a result, i get the action keyword triggered, i then have to choose between the different action

what i'd like to do is Play my selected folder, keep FARR opened (thanks to /stayopen) THEN go back to the result list (to be able to enqueue further albums...)

how could we do it ? i thought through a restartsearch command.... (see capture)
maybe restartsearch $$searchbox

the thing is, the result list (all the albums) must be still there (i guess), so we don't want to really RESTART the search, since it could take a few seconds (even more on a network drive)

ak_:
Sorry i can't help you with that, i'd just like to know if you could share these aliases and stuff because i'm looking for a way to browse my mp3 collection just like you do. Besides, it would help to understand how aliases work because i can't find any valuable instructions (maybe i didn't search very well).

TucknDar:
Yes, please share your aliases! I organize my mp3s just like that, too, so it would be very helpful!

justice:
And make a screencast while you're at it because it would be great to include for FARR promotions.

nitrix-ud:
so here is how to create a nice alias for searching music collection organized in folders (one folder = one album)  ;D

1) create a new entry in the search folders tab

* directory = your music folder

* use an optional keyword (ex: folder_music)

2) create a new action alias (this one is to invoke different actions on the selected result) VERY POWERFUL FARR TRICK

one could add actions to play/enqueue in itunes or windows media player, etc.

3) then create the search template using the dosearch command VERY POWERFUL FARR TRICK

the regexp mask is
--- ---^m (.*) so that "m " triggers the alias
the search template is

--- ---Music album search $$1 | dosearch -alias +folder_music +open_winamp +\ $$1
* -alias means i don't want to search alias

* +folder_music tells FARR, i just want results from my music folder

* +\ tells FARR i just want folders

* +open_winamp is the action modifier

Notes :

* you can in matter of seconds create a second music alias for searching a networked drive, call it "mn" for music network, create a new search folder entry with the UNC path \\network\my music... this is a very handy way to play music on a networked drive...

* regexp aliases + dosearch + action modifier is VERY POWERFUL and IMHO makes FARR unique

* it would be great to be able to select multiple results then invoke the action... (we could enqueue multiple albums...)

* i cannot really share this alias since this trick uses a search folder entry, an action alias, ... so i made a step-by-step explanation
hope it will be helpful

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version