ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Download site in a box

(1/2) > >>

Veign:
Just curious if anyone has access to or knows where I can get a PAD enabled shareware type site script (in PHP or ASP).  I recently purchased two domains: Share64.com and DownloadDB.com with the intent to put up some specialized shareware type sites.  Share64 was going to be geared towards 64bit aware shareware and DownloadDB I had some ideas but unsure of the direction.

I am finding out I just don't have the time to create the site.  I thought I could find a pre-made site template that is PAD enabled and then just customize the look and feel. 

I looked around but can't locate anything and thought I would check if anyone knows of a source.

Basically I am looking to create sites like http://www.softpedia.com in functionality..

Thanx in advance...

zridling:
I don't know of any Chris. So you will be including full PAD descriptions over something like FileUpdates?

Veign:
I would pull and build descriptions from the PAD files.  I wanted to have descriptions very similiar to the descriptions at FileUpdates (simplicity) but drawn from PAD files (or database entries built from PAD files).

I figured PAD files is gaining support and since Tucows and Download.com now support PAD files it shows this is the way to distribute application information.  It will also cut down on the work for me - don't have alot of free time these days.

I had contacted Share32.com to see if they wanted to partner up and launch Share64 as an extension of their website but they didn't really have much interest.

mouser:
i'd be very interested in hearing about your progress and discoveries veign.
whatever you do, don't give up the parsing of pad files - making users type in descriptions instead of providing a pad file is evil.

a nice bonus would be periodic checking of pad file urls for updates, rather than requiring user to manually update.

Veign:
I would provide a shareware site built from the best of all shareware sites I have come across.

The problem is I just don't have the time to do this from scratch - I have been trying to get in touch with the owners / developers for some of the smaller shareware sites to see if they want to share the code of the site (some kind of partnership) but no luck.  I wasn't asking the larger site, just the smaller sites that appear to be using common systems to run their sites...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version