topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: FARR plugin: Akete  (Read 66744 times)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: Akete
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2011, 05:02 AM »
Some experimentation here has the following results:

• No success so far in adding to launch history if the launching is done via the context menu.
  • Adding to launch history seems possible when launching via non-context menu means (i.e. pressing enter with focus in FARR's main window text area).

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2011, 05:11 PM »
I've tried modifying the stable version which doesn't include context-menu-related behavior.

If the stable version is what you are using, please let me know how the attached version works for you.

MD5: bff3767734f5e7d995881b40e24d5bff

* Akete-1.0.0.3.zip (90.39 kB - downloaded 479 times.)

JaneDC

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2011, 03:12 AM »
Thanks for the reply and the modified version. I'll get back here as soon as i try it.

I'm using farr portably, even on my main computer, and together with total commanders internal file associations, this should be the best way of launching files.

I actually launch everything using your plugin, so with things not showing up in the history, i'm pretty much missing a lot.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2011, 03:48 AM »
Do you happen to know how Total Commander stores file association information?  I've been thinking that being able to import such information into Akete (or have Akete utilize such info) might be handy.

JaneDC

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2011, 10:57 PM »
Ok i've tried the modified version and it's working just the way i want it too. Launched files are now being shown in the history. Very cool. Thank you!

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2011, 11:08 PM »
Thanks for reporting back.

I hope it continues to function appropriately :)

Thanks to mouser for making it possible to achieve this functionality via plugins in FARR  :Thmbsup:

komtak

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2012, 09:46 PM »
Akete exactly is one of the best FARR plugins which improves productivity.   :up:

However, I found  the following problems in the latest experimental version 1.0.1.8:
(1) The regular expression for detecting no-extension file name works unexpectedly when the folder path containing the target file includes dot (.) characters.
(2) When a short cut (*.lnk) is resolved to be a folder path, Akete reports "File not found" error.
(3) When using Akete association, two launching processes seem run redundantly, one via Akete and another via the default association; e.g. when I launch a text file having extension 'txt', both the text editor associated to the extension 'txt' by Akete and a notepad via default file association open the file, respectively.

I made minor changes to fscript.js as attached, which should fix (1) and (2), but I can not address the cause of (3). Does this happen only to me? Does anyone have some idea to fix it?

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2012, 10:12 PM »
Thanks for the report and patch.

I will try to look into these matters further.

On a side note though, I've been thinking about not pursuing the direction explored in the experimental version.  From a certain perspective, it essentially proceeds to produce a new mini-language for configuration, and that doesn't seem like such a good idea to me at the moment.

As an alternative, I've been considering providing hooks by the plugin which can be leveraged by users via JScript.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2012, 12:55 AM »
komtak:

I've successfully reproduced the 3 points you mentioned.

At the moment, what you propose as a fix for the first point seems good.  Thanks!

I'm still processing the second and the third points.

Thanks again for reporting.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2012, 02:49 AM »
(3) When using Akete association, two launching processes seem run redundantly, one via Akete and another via the default association; e.g. when I launch a text file having extension 'txt', both the text editor associated to the extension 'txt' by Akete and a notepad via default file association open the file, respectively.

komtak,

mouser investigated the issue and has prepared another version of fscript.dll.  Perhaps you can try it out and let us know if it addresses your third issue?  It seems to work for us.

Please find it attached to this post (note: its version is a bit odd -- once we are comfortable with a fix, I hope we can release a version which is more appropriate).

dll's MD5: 0742d6c85db9ec153c7d6b22634d4544

komtak

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2012, 01:31 AM »
ewemoa,

I have tested the new fscript.dll and found the problem (3) being removed. Thanks a lot!

I have also found that the correction for the problem (2) in my patch, Akete-diff-1.0.1.8-1.0.1.8a.txt, does not work properly.  I am trying to fix it, but the behavior of Windows shortcuts seems rather complicated to me.  (I have to study more...)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2012, 02:26 AM »
komtak:

Thanks for testing the new dll and reporting back :)

I have also found that the correction for the problem (2) in my patch, Akete-diff-1.0.1.8-1.0.1.8a.txt, does not work properly.  I am trying to fix it, but the behavior of Windows shortcuts seems rather complicated to me.  (I have to study more...)

Good luck on this!

FWIW, there was some discussion in the past regarding Akete and folders, but we did not come up with any satisfactory design / idea.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2012, 04:57 AM »
Got some experimental support for utilizing Q-Dir's file association information via its ini file.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2013, 07:58 PM »
Tentatively made a git repository available containing code with various additions, removals, etc.

Changes include:

• Context menu items for folders
  • Option to use file associations from Q-Dir
  • Option to use file associations from Xenon
  • Statusbar icon with menu in FARR main window
  • Configuration via FARR's web view
  • FScript.dll with some fixes
  • Removal of some features from previous experimental version (sorry, no keyword)

See first post for README.txt.

yjs14

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2013, 09:37 AM »
FARR always reports "File not found" error!!!

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2013, 07:57 PM »
Please share information about:

• FARR version
  • Akete version
  • What were the steps performed that resulted in the error

Thanks.