I have a site that is a service to programming students and self-learners that might not be able to afford expensive books. There are many available legally for free and my original site lists where to find them. There is currently over 300 books in the list.
I am in the process of moving and improving content from the original badly designed site to a much better one.
What I need are volunteers to help complete this job before the end of this century.
What needs to be done:
- take every link from this site and make a post to this site
- include title, author, format, and price (they are all free, in some way)
- write a brief, objective description of the book (not a review, no opinions here)
- include a summary list of the chapters (some will be rather long lists, so they would need to be shortened into just main topics)
- include URL to book
- tag them appropriately, multiple categories if necessary
Now what I am figuring is that each person that volunteers can do one or more sections from the original site to the new one, so we don't have duplicate entries with people posting the same books as someone else.
Some sections are big...some are small. You can choose the section(s) you feel you can handle based on the number of links and amount of work involved, or that you feel comfortable with its content.
You do not need to read the books or understand them. Most info can be obtained from the table of contents for each one. Sometimes you may need to briefly scan the preface for some additional info.
- Good English skills required.
- Experience making posts to a WordPress blog is a plus.
Would anyone like to help? (you'd be rewarding authors that make books available for free by giving their books publicity, and helping students that need to find them)
To get started, all you have to do is register on the new site
and post a reply here telling me the section you want to work on and I will raise your status there to give you posting privileges.
Thanks, in advance.