ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Magnify cursor in “grab selected region“ mode

(1/2) > >>

mikej:
Has anyone a way to view a magnified cursor while using the “grab selected region” mode of SC? I know there are third party magnifiers out there, but the couple I`ve tried dont work in tandem with SC. With all the amazing options of SC, I was very surprised not to find one similar to what Faststone Capture has, where the keyboard arrow keys move the cursor one pixel at a time, very helpful indeed. Also would be great if arrow keys moved cursor in the main window. Other than that, awesome program, I keep finding new things it can do. Maybe I somehow missed a built in magnifier?

mouser:
the lack of this basically reflects my bias towards doing a full screen capture and then cropping afterwards.
if you do this, you can nudge and resize the current selection within screenshot captor by one pixel by using cursor keys, and you have an always-visible magnifier at bottom right.  then hit the crop button to crop (or hit Ctrl+R).

i can consider adding a magnifier in capture mode, as i know a lot of people like doing a selection capture, but i try to encourage every selected-region capture person i know to try getting used to full screen cap followed by crop, it has the additional benefit of being able to undo.

mikej:
Quite frankly, I hadn’t thought of doing it that way, but I’ve always been a region kind of guy. I guess I like to get it right the first time in one wack - but I see your point as well.

However, what I don‘t see, is a way to ”nudge and resize the current selection by one pixel by using cursor keys“. I must be missing something obvious - not unlikely - but when I have a selection and use the keys trying to adjust, nothing happens. Are we talking about the keyboard arrow keys, as I call them?

Thanks for the quick reply.

mouser:
hmm.. now that i try it it doesnt seem to work.. looks like i have something to fix/add for the next version..

mikej:
Ah, OK - makes me think me losing me mind  :o So they are actually called cursor keys - all these years, now I know. (that‘s what happens being self-taught on computer)

By the way, one other thing I noticed, is that the object options on the right side panel don’t keep their settings after close.  Another bug, or not implemented to begin with? v2.32.02

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version