ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR and BBLean — some incompatibility issues

(1/2) > >>

nontroppo:
BBLean is an excellent fast and lightweight shell replacement. However I notice that when FARR is activated when running BBLean, it seems to fight for focus; on an older P-III you can see it flickering and the focus switching in and out of FARR's window for up to a second. On newer hardware it is less noticable.

http://bb4win.sourceforge.net/bblean/

Note I am using BBLean without bbLeanSkin, which is a small window title skinning engine so that is not the problem. Does anyone else run FARR and BBLean/BBWin and have similar problems?

mouser:
on config panel #2 in lower right try disabling all "focus preservation" of f&r.
see if that has any negative effects.

nontroppo:
Seems better when disabled — what do each of those options do (doesn't say in the help file)?

mouser:
the help file definitely needs an update.

basically they control how hard FARR tries to keep focus.
ignore - FARR doesnt care if it loses focus.
always - FARR insists on having focus when it is on screen
only after launching - FARR only regrabs focus for a short period after launching an app in the stay-open mode

kfitting:
Hey mouser, in reading your last post I've got a question.  The third option only applies in the "launch and stay open" mode?  It won't cover if I launch an app, FindRun closes, and I reopen FindRun for another launch? 

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version