topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature Request: Add Transparency  (Read 3686 times)

tmaschler

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Feature Request: Add Transparency
« on: July 19, 2007, 07:39 AM »
Dear Programmers & Users,

I'm a big fan of Screenshot Captor because I have to write sometimes software manuals.

Currently, I'm adding diagrams, etc. to web sites. You all know about web sites and vector graphics support. There is in general only flash - but flash is not permitted in my case.
So I'm doing Powerpoint screenshots and cutting them with the most wonderful screenshot tool ever. Ok - but then, I want to set background colours transparent - but how?

Please add a feature to select a transparent colour or to set a selected region as transparent. This would help me to deliver results that integrate much better in web sites!

Yours - Tobias

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature Request: Add Transparency
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:28 AM »
i'm still debating with myself how many more advanced editing features to add to SC.

The program is designed to work well with an external graphics editor -- the best solution might simply be to get yourself a good image editor like Paint Shop Pro, and configure it in SC as the image editor (see options).  Then whenever you need to do something like set transparent area, you can just hit the graphics editor button on the top right of SC, then edit and save the modified image, and SC will pick up the changes.  SC will even preserve any objects (arrows, callouts) that you created on your original.