ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Find&Run Robot owns desktop search

(1/5) > >>

neubrain:
I just posted my review of Find&Run Robot at http://www.snapfiles.com/opinions/Find_and_Run_Robot/Find_and_Run_Robot.html , which should appear within 24 hrs.  Having tried many other desktop search tools, including Copernic, Yahoo, Google, and MSN desktop search, I think Find&Run Robot beats the pants off of all these.   It doesn't use indexing like other programs (which consumes harddrive space), yet it's lightning fast.  I don't use it to just search programs, but pdf, chm, djvu, and other files of interest.   This program is really awesome.  Thanks Mouser!   When I have more money, I will donate to your cause.  Until then, please keep up the excellent work.

mouser:
thanks, i really appreciate that!
make sure you read over the planned features for version 2 that aren't finished being implemented yet and add any suggestions you might have.

it's actually extremely useful to get suggestions from people who have tried other programs - and btw check the help file for F&R for lists of other similar programs worth trying.

lastly - i should note that when people add reviews of our programs to sites like snapfiles, it helps us a lot in terms of getting out the word about our site and letting people know about our programs.  so thank you for taking the time to do that, it really means a lot.

neubrain:
Thanks for the reply, Mouser.  You are a coding genius.  The feature requests for F&R v2 sound great, I'm looking forward to it.   I will post additional reviews over F&R when the opportunities present themselves, and would recommend others who use the program do the same to promote this excellent program to others.   Comparison to MSN, Google, and Yahoo desktop search was maybe slightly unfair because they index file content, whereas F&R searches files names.  Nonetheless, since I use filenames to summarize file content, searching through file names quickly is the ideal search app for me, and it is still my contention that F&R beats the pants off of all other desktop search apps.  There is a similar program, called Instant File Name Search ( http://www.sowsoft.com/download/InstantSearch.zip ), which I had used earlier but ultimately gave it up because it relied on indexing (I hated having to wonder if the last indexing occured after the addition of new files I was searching for) and because it consumed hundreds of MBs of working set memory when it would load the huge index it would create off my harddrive.  F&R does not suffer from these problems and I predict I'll be using this software for a very long time.   I still can't get over how fast it is.  This is the perfect program for me for searching for files, and I suspect that people who like speed without bloat and huge index files consuming their hardrives will truly appreciate this program.

nontroppo:
Post on the Opera forums:

http://my.opera.com/lounge/forums/topic.dml?id=101600

mouser:
cool :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version