ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

16-bit Program under XP - woe, woe, woe is me...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Lashiec:
D'oh! I had the confidence that Dependency Walker could handle 16-bit software :-[

So, you only have the Virtual PC option left... unless you didn't try the "Compatibility" tab in the executable "Properties" page (forgot about that).

steeladept:
Darwin, I remember Service Pack 2 causing a LOT of issues, particularly with 16 bit apps.  It came out on 25 August of 2004.  Are you sure when you used it last that it was SP2, not SP1?  That could be your issue...

Darwin:
Ha ha! I was looking at this issue too  - I last used Morpheus on August 8, 2004. I note, too, that the computer that I CAN run it on here is still on Sp-1. I'll have to keep looking for a solution...

Grorgy:
you did visit his/her site and get the latest? the claim there is that it works on all current versions and the site was only updated the other day.  (Grorgy likes to clutch at straws  ;D )

Darwin:
Grorgy - yes, I updated to the latest build yesterday (though it turns out to be the same one that I had from early last week). As for Sp-2 vs. Sp-1, I was mistaken - the machine that I am able to run Morpheus on IS running Sp-2, fully patched. There are only two differences compared to my machine: mine is running the English version of XP Pro whereas the other machine is running the French version of XP Media Centre. I assume at this point that I have managed to remove something from my Windows installation or that there is a serious conflict somewhere. I can't do much about the Windows installation until I get home and have more or less run out of ideas about the conflict. I'm going to see if I can list the dependencies on the other machine using Process Explorer (tried yesterday but PE, running from my thumb drive, couldn't see the exe at all - I'm going to place both Morpheus and Process Explorer in the other machine's root directory and see if that makes a difference).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version