ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Thanks Mouser great new feature for FARR !!

(1/1)

nitrix-ud:
You can start FARR with some commandline options for advanced usage:

* -standalone = start FARR visible and in taskbar, and exit on close of window

* -search "search string" = start FARR visible (or bring up any running copy) and start a search

* -show = start FARR visible (or bring up any running copy)

* -exit = exit any running copy of FARR.
--- End quote ---

This is great new feature !
i personnaly use it with autohotkey
i set up an hotkey to copy text or files path (when in my explorer) and open FARR with a search string ...

--- ---^!+c::
SendPlay ^c
ClipWait, 0.5
Run, C:\Documents and Settings\Nico\My Documents\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\FindAndRunRobot.exe -search "c "
return
easy and seems reliable  :Thmbsup:

one other idea, still using autohotkey, is to open FARR with the clipboard content as the search string...

--- ---^!+c::
SendPlay ^c
ClipWait, 0.5
Run, C:\Documents and Settings\Nico\My Documents\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\FindAndRunRobot.exe -search "%clipboard%"
return
let's say you select an url, press the hotkey and it brings FARR with the url in the search box, ready to be opened in a new browser, saved to del.icio.us (using curl), etc... thanks to a regex alias

--- ---^(https?://)?(([0-9a-z_!~*'().&=+$%-]+: )?[0-9a-z_!~*'().&=+$%-]+@)?(([0-9]{1,3}\.){3}[0-9]{1,3}|([0-9a-z_!~*'()-]+\.)*([0-9a-z][0-9a-z-]{0,61})?[0-9a-z]\.[a-z]{2,6})(:[0-9]{1,4})?((/?)|(/[0-9a-z_!~*'().;?:@&=+$,%#-]+)+/?)$
that's a cool idea  :D

nitrix-ud:
easy and seems reliable
--- End quote ---
i'm quoting myself  :D

true it's easy and reliable, but slow
it take almost a second to bring up FARR using the search string

it would be great if it could be faster  :-[

mouser:
yes, i think i can speed it up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index