topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:39 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Is this the right place?  (Read 3516 times)

darkhelmet

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is this the right place?
« on: July 17, 2007, 07:00 PM »
I could not find a section specifically for SMF help but I need help making some changes to our SMF site. After posting a couple questions that went unanswered there I saw a link from a topic and found myself here.

I have about $25 in "donation credits" if anyone can help me move/modify some elements within our SMF. We purchased a skin (Versitility2) from Rocketheme, and unfortunately our membership was before they stopped signups. Now my partner wants to make changes but I am hoping not to pay another $30 just to ask a question on the RT site.

Is this the right place to ask?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Is this the right place?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 07:18 PM »
it's the right section of our forum but since there are only 1 or 2 smf coding people here it's unlikely that someone here will be able to do it.  there is a smf forum section for asking for people to do work, though my recent experience on smf forum discussions has left me feeling a bit antagonistic to them, despite the great product.

ps1.
i like your avatar :)
ps2.
in general the people on this site code for the fun of it, and it's probably not the best idea to offer to pay people in credits, etc.  mostly credits are just ways of saying thank you to someone rather than a way of hiring someone :)

darkhelmet

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Is this the right place?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:28 PM »
Understood - thank you.