Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 23, 2014, 05:00:31 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A long shot: anyone up for creating a fake satire hype video for FARR v2?  (Read 9577 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 06:00:54 PM »

http://www.stickpage.com/
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 06:07:57 PM »

How about... FARR - it's what puts the stripes in two-point-zero.

- carpe noctem
Nod5
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 07:44:34 PM »

mouser, yes I meant it only as a friendly poke towards Dash of course. Dramatic classical music is widespread in the whole genre of demo videos so it would be more of a general parody really.

I have no video making experience and will be vacationing in the coming weeks and so can't contribute much. But I hope someone makes this happen -- it could create positive buzz for FARR.

app103: FARR vs. that MS dog is a good idea! I can really picture it.

As for FARR vs the start menu: how about a custom created start menu with A LOT of messy folders and subfolders covering the whole screen basically. When navigating, let the folders have regular names in the beginning but more and more weird the deeper the narrator navigates...

example: program > games > some games > more games > simon sorcerer II > simon sorcerer I > Pong > Q how many more folders > A many more > and more > ahhhgr!!! enough already

And at that stage in the folder tree the narrator gives up on the start menu and pulls up FARR, types a few characters, find and launches the game. That last sequence is then repeated, now in slowmotion with a millisecond counter running and to the sound of racing cars. The text "world record" flashes at the end.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 07:47:14 PM »

I'm going to be making real video demos showing how FARR is useful and what it can do.

So i suggest that this satire video be pure humour, and not try to show real abilities of FARR, but instead make fun of the whole hyped demo thing, and pretend FARR can do all sorts of crazy stuff it can't.  Like a mac commercial on crack.

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 08:25:49 PM »

As for FARR vs the start menu: how about a custom created start menu with A LOT of messy folders and subfolders covering the whole screen basically. When navigating, let the folders have regular names in the beginning but more and more weird the deeper the narrator navigates...

example: program > games > some games > more games > simon sorcerer II > simon sorcerer I > Pong > Q how many more folders > A many more > and more > ahhhgr!!! enough already

And at that stage in the folder tree the narrator gives up on the start menu and pulls up FARR, types a few characters, find and launches the game. That last sequence is then repeated, now in slowmotion with a millisecond counter running and to the sound of racing cars. The text "world record" flashes at the end.

FARR vs my twin taskbars of doom (mouser thinks they are scary)  Grin

A battle to the death! Which would win? 

allen
Charter Member