ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Long Time to Find Programs

<< < (2/2)

justice:
as soon as i type tot then total commander is selected, should take about 0.2s at the most. do you have farr sitting in the system tray as it should? and on the general tab does inactive memory use say "stay in memory longer"?

definately should be instant. Maybe you have loads of folders on your desktop?
See my capture using FARR to run Total Commander: http://www.screencast.com/t/DBSgdcOIKP

J-Mac:
as soon as i type tot then total commander is selected, should take about 0.2s at the most.-justice (July 22, 2007, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here - as long as it is not the first time I was looking for that particular program.  It takes much longer when it is the first time.

....do you have farr sitting in the system tray as it should? and on the general tab does inactive memory use say "stay in memory longer"?-justice (July 22, 2007, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes.  That is selected.

definately should be instant. Maybe you have loads of folders on your desktop?
See my capture using FARR to run Total Commander: http://www.screencast.com/t/DBSgdcOIKP
-justice (July 22, 2007, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope -- two folders on my desktop; one is a "Downloads" folder, and the other is actually a "virtual" folder for my PPC.

I am talking about "finding" programs for the first time.  I realize that if it has to do the searching the first time you look every program, that would understandably take some time.  However -- and maybe this is actually a feature request -- I am talking about FARR polling the selected Search folders upon installation and noting all program locations.  That would eliminate the delay when finding a program for the first time.  Except, of course, newly installed programs.  But even they could be automatically updated within FARR -- I think!

Thanks.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version