ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

calling all creative game inventing type people.. READ IN

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
sounds like a nice idea, assuming their aren't already freeware implementations of it.

Nighted:
This is basically it, although where I learned to play it in western Canada we have slightly different rules, and better in my opinion. But this is very close and gives you the basic idea: http://raeside.home.mchsi.com/dice.htm

mouser:
looks like farkle has been implemented as both freeware and shareware in lots of places..

i think we should stick with making something that's never been made yet :)

mouser:
i just checked GameMaker website:
http://www.gamemaker.nl/registration.html

it costs $20 to register and their are tons of useful resources and tutorials, and it looks like a great way to get kids started programming and looks like the author has really spent time writing fun tutorials and stuff.

at $20 how can you go wrong?

app103:
There was a board game I used to like to play back in the 80's that was a series of egg timers that you moved across an hour glass shaped board. It was called Quicksand. (I don't think it was very popular as nobody I know has ever heard of it.)

calling all creative game inventing type people.. READ IN

It was a 2 player game.

Each player had 4 timers that started empty.

You took turns rolling a single die that had (2)1's, 2, 3, (2) S's

You couldn't move a timer unless you had sand actively moving in it. If you ran out of sand the timer had to be moved back to start.

You would roll and move the number of spaces on the die, or if you got an S you would flip a timer...yours or your opponent's. You had to use the S...even if that meant giving yourself less time.

The object of the game was to get your timers to the other side without running out of sand in any of them...they all had to be active at the end of the game.

I have never seen a version that could be played on a pc. I loved this game! It was an idea I had a few years ago to someday make a game similar to this one that could be played on a computer.

Now I am going to be honest...I haven't tried to do this because I don't think I have either the programming skills...or digital art skills...to do something like this yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version