topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: PawSense: catproof your computer  (Read 5070 times)

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PawSense: catproof your computer
« on: July 16, 2007, 07:30 AM »

peanut-on-kybd-009.gif

Now here's an original piece of software!

When cats walk or climb on your keyboard, they can enter random commands and data, damage your files, and even crash your computer. This can happen whether you are near the computer or have suddenly been called away from it.

PawSense is a software utility that helps protect your computer from cats. It quickly detects and blocks cat typing, and also helps train your cat to stay off the computer keyboard.

http://bitboost.com/pawsense/index.html
cat-like-typing-detected.gifPawSense: catproof your computer

Notice that this actually is payware software. I thought it was a prank, but it really is a very developed program.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 07:31 AM by jgpaiva »

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: PawSense: catproof your computer
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 08:13 AM »
That is kinda funny, but I bet it has a lot of uses.  Cats aren't the only PC nemisis on the keyboard.  A not quite 2-year old can do amazing things to a computer with a keyboard.  I am a computer technician and have had trouble undoing some of the things my daughter has done when I wasn't looking  :huh:

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 08:36 AM »
Just tried to play both annoying sounds from the program to my tomcat, but to no avail. During the first one (harmonica) he continued washing himself. On the second one (hiss) he slightly moved his ears. -- No way.

Nice idea, though!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 08:41 AM »
When i saw this program many years ago it restored my faith in the humour and sublime nature of the human mind.  But it also made me very depressed that someone else had written this before I had a chance to.. Pure brilliance.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 03:50 AM »
I wondered if Skrommel's ToddlerTrap would be a good enough free equivalent, but I'm not sure it allows combinations of keys that are sufficiently obscure.  Doesn't seem to support the Win key, or Ctrl-Alt combinations, for example.  Doesn't even seem to recognise the Alt key on my keyboard, but that's not the only kb oddity I have here.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 03:52 AM by rjbull »