ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how can I convert swf files to avi?

(1/9) > >>

cdblu:
i found this rather strange that some swf video (particularly ones created with camtasia screencast) that i view will use extraordinarily large amount of memory as it's playing..

an example of such problem: when i view dragdroprobot2 video in this page using "barebone" firefox
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/dragdrop/Movie_DragDrop/DragDrop.html

i was shocked to see in taskmanager that firefox memory usage almost hit 300mb as the video is playing in the browser..what is wrong?

is there any tool to convert the swf flash video to avi so i can view it in avi video instead? i want to watch the remaining part of the video where i had to end task at that point

Curt:
I am not too sure there is anything wrong with the DragDrop swf file. The memory usage in each of GreenBrowser, Firefox, Maxthon, K-Meleon and Internet Explorer 7 - each at a time showing the flash - was merely some 300 kb, not mb.
300.000 k = 300 Kilo

Curt:
I had a second look at your flash file and I am positive it is all right. The file is 7.29 MB which not is much   consider it is almost ten minutes. If you want it  I can mail it to you  as a screensaver, but it is 7.17 MB so you will need a @gmail or Pando account. They are free.
 :tellme:

Edit: DragAndDrop.zip : 6.88MB

cdblu:
thanks but i already figure out direct link for the flash video but i still havent found any working tool to convert the flash file to avi..i tried Media Coder but it doesnt support avi output from flash file so all i got was audio only..

Mark0:
You can also try one of the various online converters.
I have collected a couples here: File-Extension.net - File Formats Converters

Bye!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version