ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Changing Location of My Documents/Music/etc. in Windows XP

<< < (5/5)

wreckedcarzz:
This is perhaps only slightly related to topic now that Curt's asked about changing his account name.

I recently formatted and reinstalled XP. Now I only have one account on this machine, no guest account, and Administrator never shows up unless I boot into safe mode (as per usual), but for some reason it always makes me click my account to login instead of just logging me in to the only account on the system automatically.

Oh, and the account is NOT password protected.

I can never understand how it works. Usually my XP computers with just one account automatically load up to the desktop. Sometimes I'll change a setting in User Accounts and it will show the login screen when I boot up, but it seems to go away and just login automatically again after some time or some thing.

Has anyone noticed a pattern to this or does anyone know how to manually tell it to just automatically log in to the account?
-Deozaan (July 15, 2007, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have had it happen many many many times. I find its after you have/use 2 accounts, then it (for whatever reason) thinks the 2nd account is there (even though it was the admin, or an old deleted one) so it gives you a choice. Just use TweakUI to auto-login for you.

EDIT: Never mind, you fixed it already :)

Curt:
..I find its after you have/use 2 accounts, then it (for whatever reason) thinks the 2nd account is there (even though it was the admin, or an old deleted one) so it gives you a choice. .. EDIT: Never mind, you fixed it already -wreckedcarzz (July 15, 2007, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I do mind, because it seems likely to also happen to me, if I follow the advice from mitzevo about creating a new user account, right?

Curt:
One more question  -  on a technicality: mitzevo used the word "copy", so I ask   if Windows will accept the action if I use the option "move to" instead? In my imagination there will be no settings for a little while   if I move   instead of copy?

tinjaw:
tinjaw: I know about TweakUI XP :P Do I need to repeat my self.. Nice screen shot though :D
-mitzevo (July 15, 2007, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Doh!  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version