ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[bug] v2.00.130 start farr via alias hotkey does not execute alias

<< < (2/3) > >>

justice:
no that's not needed. could you detect if the regex starts with static text instead of the variable text and then allow calling the static text?

For example if i had a regex alias starting wtih "loc ^(.)" then if farr could know it always started with "loc " then that would solve the problem. Honestly though if it's a lot of work then don't bother because it's probably not very important.

mouser:
yeah i thought of that solution justice..
here is what i came up with however that might be better:

what if i removed the hotkey settings from aliases, and made hotkeys a separate tab, where you just basically configure hotkey + text pairs.  hit a hotkey and it pops up farr and starts searching for the text.

seems more sensible to me and easier to keep track of and manage your hotkeys too..

thoughts?

nitrix-ud:
That is just perfect i think...

It would be even more perfect if :

* we could add a space at the end ;) (like the restartsearch command)

* we could add an {Enter} command at the end (somehow it would allow commands to hotkeys...)
related to my post concerning the "clipboard trick", if one could add an {Enter} command, you could then assign an hotkey to paste the clipboard content in the search box

hotkey1 <---> clip{Enter}

imagine you create the following "fcc" alias
^fcc$

--- ---$$c | restartsearch fc $$c
then you could create this pair :
hotkey2 <---> fcc{Enter}

just select an mathematical expression... press hotkey2 ... FCalc gives you the result

it would be even more perfect  :D if we could add the special variable $$c, we would just have to do :
hotkey2 <---> fc $$c{Enter}

Nitrix

nitrix-ud:
maybe the best solution is to be able to assign hotkeys to a restartsearch commands it would allow anything...

* any text... even with space at the end thanks to the new /s variable

* any text with special variables...$$c
and if you add features they would be available right away...

thoughts ?

mouser:
a whole new wonderful hotkey system is coming in the next release..
no more hotkeys associated with aliases.. now all hotkeys (main ones for showing farr), and helper ones for starting searches, will be unified, and you'll be able to create as many hotkeys as you want to do different searches and alter the way farr shows on they keypress.

i also note that josh will finally get his ability to use Win-key for FARR hotkey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version