ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[bug] v2.00.130 start farr via alias hotkey does not execute alias

(1/3) > >>

justice:
I have assigned a hotkey to my fav alias to launch farr with it. This works fine, however it comes up with the Alias name as the start of the command, not the regex pattern.

So now whatever i type is not executed because it doesn't start with the regex pattern.
Try this alias:

--- ---1000>>>Feeling Lucky>->Google - $$1 | http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=$$1&btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky /ICON=icons\google.ico>+>^!(.*)>/>24762
I have to type !<some query> for it to work, however using the hotkey farr comes up with "feeling lucky <cursor>" instead, which is not recognised. BTW this alias also still does not come up with an icon, which is a bug in the other thread in case you missed it.

Keep it up.

jgpaiva:
Well... I know it doesn't make much sense, but you can always call that alias "!" ;)
The thing is: a regex pattern can't be filled out, as it can correspond to a lot of text.
For example: how should a pattern like ^([0-9]*)hello[a-z]*$ be filled out? That could represent 0089123helloaasdfasds or just hello or something else.

nitrix-ud:
For example: how should a pattern like ^([0-9]*)hello[a-z]*$ be filled out? That could represent 0089123helloaasdfasds or just hello or something else.
--- End quote ---

that's why i once suggested that there could be a other text box near the regex pattern box to tell FARR what to autocomplete... (it would be up to the user)

for the moment I just name the alias like the regex mask (i'm talking about the simple ones ;)) like jgpaiva suggested

justice:
right thanks peeps

mouser:
I hesitate to add this because i think it's going to get so little use, BUT i could add a field to each alias where you can specify a kind of "default text string" that would be used if triggered via a hotkey or selected from the agroups "menu".  thoughts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version