ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Text Maker Software

(1/2) > >>

wales:
I have read the excellent Word Processor Review and I was interested in TextMaker.  It is priced at  U.S $69.95  It is also priced at the same amount in Euros.   The present exchange rate makes $69.95 only 50.73 Euros   I have written to the company, and await their reply.

One expects this of Microsoft, so is this con spreading

Carol Haynes:
Very widespread - you even get £1 (UK) = $1 (US) at times which is even worse.

tomos:
If the Euro price includes VAT (which here in germany is 20%) it works out almost as euro=dollar pricewise.
It's German software but VAT should naturally be charged according to where you are.
Sometimes you can buy things in dollars & get a better price that way but it getting harder to do these days ...

wales:
Thank you Carol and Tomos for your replies.

Carol, I have found that Microsoft tend to do that.

Deozaan:
I'm in the USA, but to my knowledge a lot of software and even electronics have the same numerical price in many European countries as they do in USA.

So you'll often see something for $60 and 60 Euros and 60 Pounds. It's not the same monetary value, but for some reason people seem to think the numbers look good and should all be the same.

Pointing out Microsoft as primary or expected culprits for this behavior is (in my opinion) a little silly, since it is much, much, much, much, much more widespread than them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version