ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Website Change Monitoring Tool

Website Change Monitoring Review/Award - WebsiteWatcher

<< < (2/4) > >>

moerl:
Two recent entries and one apparently older one at Lifehacker.com reminded me of this review.. just thought I'd mention that. Perhaps the review is in need of an update? :)

They are InfoIC, FeedWhip and DeltaSpy.

Oh wow.. nevermind the "a little older entry" remark.. the one I thought was older is actually the very latest entry on Lifehacker.com! It's the last link I posted.

EDIT:
I'm particularly interested in DeltaSpy. Does anyone know about it or have any experience with it? I have nothing against Website Watcher, but I get completely lost in its preferences. They are terrible. A solid 30% of it, if not more, makes plain NO SENSE to me. They are up there on my list of programs with incomprehensible preference dialogs. Directory Opus still takes the cake in the department, but Website Watcher is up there. In contrast, DeltaSpy looks fresh and new and might just do the trick for me. I'll have to try it out.

superboyac:
They are up there on my list of programs with incomprehensible preference dialogs. Directory Opus still takes the cake in the department,
--- End quote ---

Really?!  I don't think DOpus is that difficult to understand, but it is A LOT of preferences.  Maybe that's what makes it so confusing, just the sheer number of things to tweak.  But that's also what makes it so customizable and powerful.  I haven't used Website Watcher that much, but I do remember it's preferences kind of overwhelming me.

moerl:
I got my head around DOpus after a while.. but a bunch of things annoyed me about it, so after a while I ditched it in favor of xplorer2, which I'm very happy with. I just wish I could find a way to use it as the default explorer method, but then that maybe isn't the smartest thing either :). It's good the way it is, I suppose.

mouser:
i agree with both comments about dir opus and wsw options - they are overwhelming.  not sure if that can be fixed though.
the main thing is that in both cases you can just ignore them and use the programs without worrying about them.

superboyac:
I got my head around DOpus after a while.. but a bunch of things annoyed me about it, so after a while I ditched it in favor of xplorer2, which I'm very happy with. I just wish I could find a way to use it as the default explorer method, but then that maybe isn't the smartest thing either :). It's good the way it is, I suppose.
-moerl (March 02, 2006, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow, moerl, you went to xplorer2 from Dopus?  Xplorer2 is pretty nice, but it doesn't hold a candle to Dopus.  I'm going to try to convert you back! ;D Seriously though, if you do want to go back to DOpus, I'll be more than happy to help.  I might even be able to send you a setup file that you can import and automatically have everything set the way you like.  If you ever were a fan of Total Commander, I even have a layout for DOpus that imitates the TC look and functionality.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version