ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best E-mail Client

Best IMAP Client

<< < (2/4) > >>

app103:
Not tried the rules bit in any of them but I think outlook express can forward on a rule.
-iphigenie (July 15, 2007, 09:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

It seems to be able to do this with the regular inbox folder, but not with any of the IMAP inboxes, or at least I haven't figured out how to do it.

Josh:
Windows live mail and OE do not support rules for IMAP clients. Outlook is the only one which supports this but outlook's imap support is very slim.

iphigenie:
opera doesnt do rules at all.
So we are left with mulberry and courier, possibly mahogany (not sure)

iphigenie:
if opera allowed me to tag mail (i.e. type additional categories and then search/group by them) then i think i would not bother looking for anything more - i dont care it doesnt do rules, beyond what you can do with filters. I do like a lot of the live meta organisation and filtering it does, and the fact that i dont waste time moving things in folders. As a casual mail client it is one of the easiest and quickest.

It is not a business tool though - lack of processing rules, the difficulty to sync/restore email, and a few quirks (at the moment it just wont show me 2 of my imap folders). works wonderfully for all my family and friends and shopping stuff, but i need a bit more when it comes to work stuff

but i must admit i like outlook again
in outlook i have one inbox, one big "processed mail" folder, custom views, category tagging and the "flag for followup" function, and i have a routine that both allows me to keep on top of things and not drop any ball without at least knowing that i am dropping it...
Since i used poco for years (until it slowed down too much and then wuldnt do fastmail) so I tried barca (and it now works ok with fastmail!) but the imap misses some basic option, and there seems to be no category tagging or flag for response functionality that integrates with the calendar

might end up buying outlook, the irony

Josh:
To all,

Mulberry has opened up the source code to their email client. Hopefully now someone can take it and expand it with some much needed functionality!

Source

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version