ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Perfect Menu - customise any right click menu in any app ...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Nighted:
CarolHaynes, thank you for clueing us in about Mmm+. What a useful application. This is definitely going into my must have tool box and will be one of the first applications installed after fresh OS installs.

Thanks again!  :)

clif_notes:
Hi all,

Thanks to Carol for mentioning MMM free. I'm going to check it out soon.

Carol Haynes:
You're welcome.

Trouble with MMM (Free) is you get hooked - but then MMM+ is only $9 and adds a lot.

I have to say PerfectMenu is a really interesting tool - not exactly simple to use but allows you to do all sorts of things ...

You can add extra buttons around every right click menu (see image above) and these have standard tasks available but are fully customizable to whatever you want. (Including recorded and VBA compatible Macros if you use MacroWorks by the same author). If you don't like the look of these added menu bars they are totally customizable or can be ommitted. There is even a currently active Tasks bar which can be added (like pressing ALT TAB to cycle applications but permanently visible with a single mouse click)

You can REPLACE any right click menu for any application

You can add right click menus (customized to whatever you want) to any app (and restrict them to appear only over the title bar or when CTRL or ALT etc. are pressed).

It is going to take a while to really get to the depths of this app - but it really does give control over what you see in your menus!

elpresi:
Hi Carol,

I am new around here and I am so glad I run into your post about PerfectMenu; I have wanted for a while to have a program like that.
Now I am waiting to see what Contextmenu Commander is like ;-)

Noel

Carol Haynes:
You are welcome.  A new version of PerfectMenu has just been release (3.5). I can't see any obvious changes from 3.0.1 but there do seem to be few bugs that weren't in the earlier version (right clicking on files in Explorer e.g. brings up the usual context window OK but the PerfectMenu addons for some reason only appear on alterate menus ??? Strange bug).

There is onle bug that has survived through both versions which is to do with generating keystrokes. In theory you should be able to use sequences like <alt><numpad0><numpad2><numpad3><numpad3><alt> to generate accented characters but it doesn't work. I have reported the problem and  got pretty quick feedback acknowledging the problem and promising a fix in the next release. (In the mean time you can use Paste Text to work around this).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version