topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 12:42 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Pink Floyd - Painted Ladies: Wow!  (Read 9308 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Pink Floyd - Painted Ladies: Wow!
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:53 AM »
I fooled around at Stage6 and came across this homemade video about six Pink Floyd covers. The video is called Pink Floyd - Painted Ladies.

Wow!  :Thmbsup:  :-*  :)

I didn't really care for the music he had chosen; I would choose differently. Pink Floyd had made a lot of music that I like, but also some that I don't. But the way this guy has made the video appear, is nothing less but awesome! You really must watch it! The teaser itself will make you want to!:

PinkFloyd_PaintedLadies (WinCE).JPG

But when the video is starting you might think that something is wrong, because the screen is all black for a long time. But this is intended. Oh, yes, it is intended. This guy has class, and you will have to be patient and wait for the goodies. The video is 9.20 minutes and 76 MB divx. You can have cheap flash version at uTube or buy the $6 poster at teesmeonline, or see the image at the Turk's place as an illustration to Martha's Song!

I wanted to save this picture to disk, but couldn't. The screen capture would deliver an all black image. Hmmm. I have so many programs but none that could handle this problem. So off I went to the Internet to look for yet another program to install. It really took some time, because the first couple of programs could not deliver what they promised, but finally I found a little something that would extract the images in an okay quality from the video. It is the Video Decompiler from the terrible site Software Club (to disable their sound: scroll all down and look to the left), but can also be downloaded from programurl - and is FREE and easy to use:

VideoDecompilerMainWindow.jpgPink Floyd - Painted Ladies: Wow!  VideoDecompilerVideoInformation.jpgPink Floyd - Painted Ladies: Wow!

It took a couple of hours to extract the images because I didn't check the settings properly before starting and so extracted every tenth image (1,600)! Certainly not a methode I will use again.

Then I had to merge three of these pictures into one, and remembered the $10 Zoner Panorama Maker I had for free at GAOTD. And it did the job perfectly: 3 became 1 (use zoom 300) and now you can see the beautiful result (but be warned: it is 2099 x 782 pixels and 367 KB):

:-*
PaintedLadies_Panorama_Large.jpgPink Floyd - Painted Ladies: Wow!

http://stage6.divx.c...oyd---Painted-Ladies
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:10 AM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Pink Floyd - Painted Ladies: Wow!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:45 AM »
Like so many times before someone invented the wheel before me:

1024 x 768:
103.jpgPink Floyd - Painted Ladies: Wow!

Edit: Bad phrasing - I didn't invent a wheel, did I -
the picture has been around for many years; I've just never seen it before.
But the video is still awesome!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:10 AM by Curt »

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 11:32 AM »
Did you notice on the right there is a video to the whole "Dark Side of the Moon" album - not sure the distributors/Gilmore and Co. would be too impressed with the entire album posted!

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Yes, I noticed, but I already had it...

8)

Carol, do you ever go to the second-hand bookshop; the antiquarian bookshop to sell your old books, or to buy some old / used books? Maybe you do; I do. Did you ever stop and think that this book should bring more royalties to the author? I didn't. I look at these poor quality videos in the same way: They are to be compared with old, used books, and should be FREE - because of the poor quality.

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 01:56 PM »
i'm curious as to what is painted on their fronts  :P

(i also like pink floyd - after syd and before roger went.)

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 06:12 PM »

(i also like pink floyd - after syd and before roger went.)
Same here, syd sucked, way too acidy stuff. They did do some okay things after roger went though, but my faves are clearly {dsotm,wywh,tw,tfc}.
- carpe noctem

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 06:35 PM »

I hope: nothing! Did you notice that The Wall-girl looks more attractive than the others? At least she does to me. I imagine this is because I can see the details of her body, which I can't with the others. The details are apparently what gives the extra touch. So hopefully nothing is painted on the bright side, ehh, front side of the girls.

My faves are DSOTM and TW, and only a handfull of tracks from various other albums. Yes, "albums"! - the CD is such a new invention...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 06:38 PM by Curt »