ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

No Network Adapter After OS Upgrade

<< < (3/3)

TVC15:
do waht razehsani suggests.  exit url snooper, then right click on its icon and select "run as administrator" then restart.
-mouser (July 15, 2008, 09:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doing this returned possible Network adapters, but none of them worked.  Now what?

Janetsy:
I've had many issues with software that translates any instructions involving the network stack in Vista. Hamachi is a good example... Worked wonderfully on XP, but now that I am on Vista, it no longer worked. Same issue, the network adapter. Or to be more accurate, Vista would not recognize the virtual adapter Hamachi uses. Interestingly enough, I figured out a fix for this, and some of my games that weren't working by modifying the rights of the folder where the software was installed. By default, Vista does not allow full rights to the 'user' group, that being us, the accounts we log on to our PC's with. If you right click on the URL Snooper2 folder in Program Files, go to properties, and look at the security tab, you can see that the 'user' group does not have full rights. By modifying this to allow full rights, most of my problems went away. Alas, it did not work with URL snooper, and now I am in the same boat as all the other Vista users. I basically cannot use this awesome program because it cannot translate the network adapter for some reason. If anyone figures out the fix for this, PLEASE post !!! I'm afraid it's not a matter of a fix however, but the design of the program itself. The network stack in Vista simply has layers that XP did not have, and the programs running on Vista, need to be designed to reflect this change.
 :(

Xerxes321:
Ack, realized this thread is ancient. Moving to similar, recent thread.

mouser:
As xerxes says, let's continue here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=14029

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version