topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 10:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Why can't I click 'Sniff Network'?  (Read 5786 times)

Ibsen3

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Why can't I click 'Sniff Network'?
« on: August 01, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Okay, so I've managed to sniff out some stuff without typing in the keyword filter at all (because I didn't realise you had to go into advanced mode), so it does work.  However, I have been trying to get some specific stuff and I have pasted a perfectly decent URL into the keyword filter but the 'Sniff Network' button remains totally inoperable.  Grey and dead.  Why?

Edit - Okay, for some reason, it was already doing a search without me touching the button so I clicked on 'stop search' and that made 'sniff network' available.  Now, however, there is absolutely zero coming up for a page I know very well has plenty of stuff to sniff....

2nd Edit - Still absolutely nothing coming up.  I read elsewhere on these forums that some helpers for others with similar problems were asking for the user's OS.  Mine is Windows XP.  I'm still trying all sorts and it's totally dead.  I wonder if clicking on 'clear all URLs shown' had any effect because I did this after coming across some clearly irrelevant and unwanted links.  Now it won't find anything.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 02:32 PM by Ibsen3 »

Ibsen3

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Why can't I click 'Sniff Network'?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 04:19 PM »
I went back to basic mode and everything started coming up....no need to respond....ignore this thread!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 04:21 PM »
all's well that ends well -- your post might still be useful to someone having same problems.  thanks for posting the update that you got it working.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 10:41 PM »
reminds me of the problem i once had with URLSnooper. :)