ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Compact AutoRunner v1.0 - Small, compact, customizable cd autorun menu!

<< < (3/5) > >>

Deozaan:
It also seems like it would be a little more user friendly if you could toggle the buttons on and off from each button's config as well as the Icon/Form config area.

hamradio:
Bug reports!

When I browse for the files for anything, photo, program, icon, etc. it uses <APP_PATH> but then uses the absolute/full path. So for instance, it looks like this:

--- ---Photo.File=<APP_PATH>\C:\Folder\image.jpg
And then it still tells me the photo can't be found.

And it's not very helpful that I can't manually type/edit the path in those input fields. They're locked and the only way to edit them is through the Browse button, which populates incorrectly with the full path.  :(

Also, when browsing for a file to run, it defaults to htm or html files, even though the Type is set to Filename. And how come it won't let me save it so I can do incremental testing? There's only Save As, which gets a little annoying since it creates the autorun.inf and copies CAR.exe over every time, asking me if I want to replace them.
-Deozaan (October 04, 2007, 12:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

For the first one what OS?

Tip: You can also manually edit the ini file also.  You don't have to use the program to create a config.

As for copying over the program and autorun.inf everytime it is an option of Compact AutoRunner Configuration Builder that you will find on Step 1.

It also seems like it would be a little more user friendly if you could toggle the buttons on and off from each button's config as well as the Icon/Form config area.
-Deozaan (October 04, 2007, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I will see what I can do. - Done but not uploaded yet.

Deozaan:
For the first one what OS?

Tip: You can also manually edit the ini file also.  You don't have to use the program to create a config.

As for copying over the program and autorun.inf everytime it is an option of Compact AutoRunner Configuration Builder that you will find on Step 1.
-hamradio (October 04, 2007, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Win XP SP2.

I had to resort to manually editing the .ini to correct the path issue, but after that I could just reload the ini into the CAR Config Builder and it worked properly.

My suggestion for not having to update the Step 1 settings to keep it from copying over those files each time is to have a Save button that just rewrites the ini. Maybe it could copy the other files over if they're missing from the ini directory.

It's very nice, and I've finished what I was doing with it. Now I'm only wondering why you can't have more than 5 buttons (not counting the Exit button). And for some reason I'm left with the feeling that I'd like music playing, too. Or at least a startup sound effect.  ;D

hamradio:
Win XP SP2.
-Deozaan (October 04, 2007, 02:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wierd.  Has anyone else had the paths show up like "<APP_PATH>\C:\Folder\image.jpg" to them?

Deozaan:
Wierd.  Has anyone else had the paths show up like "<APP_PATH>\C:\Folder\image.jpg" to them?
-hamradio (October 04, 2007, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just tried it again on another computer and it wouldn't do it. But I think I figured out why it did it the way it did.

I have the CAR Config Builder installed on my P:\ drive but the files I was working with were on my C:\ drive. It probably built the path in relation to the Config Builder instead of the ini file I was working on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version