ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Compact AutoRunner v1.0 - Small, compact, customizable cd autorun menu!

<< < (2/5) > >>

steeladept:
Man, I could really have used this last year.  I guess I will have to revive that project and give this a go.v :D

hamradio:
I have did a very minor update to it which allows for you to launch a folder. So now you got 3 different launchtypes. Files, Websites, and Folders. :)  See first post for url.

Deozaan:
Hi hamradio, I have a few suggestions:

* Make it so that a photo isn't required. If I want a pure and simple (perhaps ugly) box with the options, that should be my choice.
* Also support for png files would be nice.
* Let me grab icons from .exe files instead of only .ico. Not every app I want to launch/run has a separate .ico file. Most are built right into the .exe.
* Make it easier to find some documentation. I know it's important for the license information to be reviewed, but combining the license and readme files was a bad idea, in my opinion.
* Get an installer and make this some official DC software. Not to take away from your personal achievement of making this cool program, but it would be nice to see it run/install similarly to other great DC apps I find here. Then again, maybe you don't want people to have to deal with the DC Donationware license issues. Still, an installer would be nice so that start menu shortcuts can be made and so that the DCAppdater could automatically grab and install newer versions.
Congrats on this awesome application!

hamradio:
Hi hamradio, I have a few suggestions:

* Make it so that a photo isn't required. If I want a pure and simple (perhaps ugly) box with the options, that should be my choice.
* Let me grab icons from .exe files instead of only .ico. Not every app I want to launch/run has a separate .ico file. Most are built right into the .exe.
* Make it easier to find some documentation. I know it's important for the license information to be reviewed, but combining the license and readme files was a bad idea, in my opinion.
* Get an installer and make this some official DC software. Not to take away from your personal achievement of making this cool program, but it would be nice to see it run/install similarly to other great DC apps I find here. Then again, maybe you don't want people to have to deal with the DC Donationware license issues. Still, an installer would be nice so that start menu shortcuts can be made and so that the DCAppdater could automatically grab and install newer versions.
Congrats on this awesome application!
-Deozaan (October 04, 2007, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

* Maybe soon.

* That has the potential to increase filesize which I am trying to keep small, so it means more room for your own data on the disc.  Might be worth doing a different version at some point to include it though.
* Maybe soon also.
* I don't think that is the best way to go in this case. As for one it is in my opinion the easiest when you go ahead and create your own files in the Compact AutoRunner directory or extract Compact AutoRunner to the directory you will be working with and then configure the autorun and then leave off the files that should not be placed on disc like the license and readme, the configuration builder, and any others that wasnt used or are not needed.
Thanks!

Deozaan:
Bug reports!

When I browse for the files for anything, photo, program, icon, etc. it uses <APP_PATH> but then uses the absolute/full path. So for instance, it looks like this:

--- ---Photo.File=<APP_PATH>\C:\Folder\image.jpg
And then it still tells me the photo can't be found.

And it's not very helpful that I can't manually type/edit the path in those input fields. They're locked and the only way to edit them is through the Browse button, which populates incorrectly with the full path.  :(

Also, when browsing for a file to run, it defaults to htm or html files, even though the Type is set to Filename. And how come it won't let me save it so I can do incremental testing? There's only Save As, which gets a little annoying since it creates the autorun.inf and copies CAR.exe over every time, asking me if I want to replace them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version