ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FolderScout: quick drive navigator

(1/3) > >>

justice:
I just discovered FolderScout today, basicallly FolderScout does a one-time index of the folders of your drives (takes about 10 sec), then keeps track of changes in the background.

From then on, you can call up FS with F7, then start typing - folderscout instantly shows a list of only those folders with the query as part of their name! Also does recent folders and recent documents.

The help file is a bit full of marketing, and it doesn't work for mapped drives yet, but works as a great team with my other favourite apps:

Find and Run Robot as the main launcher to quickly software launching
Folderscout for quick folder launching.
Locate32 for quick file finding.
Cathy for quick cd-collection browsing.

Between these 4 i think the whole spectrum is covered. Found it on ShellCity

edbro:
Yes, I took a look at it also but uninstalled it because it will only work with Explorer. I prefer to use another file manager.

justice:
Yes, I took a look at it also but uninstalled it because it will only work with Explorer. I prefer to use another file manager.
-edbro (July 09, 2007, 09:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can specify your own file manager.

Under Filefolder: You can reduce the amount of characters to start a search with from 3 to 2 to make it more useful. To compensate, also reduce the maximum folders to 100, you're unlikely going to look past a list longer than that anyway.

edbro:
Hmmmm.... Might have to take another look. Although my filemanager has bookmarks which reduces the need for this.

lanux128:
looks good justice but since you already use farr, why not use farr's built-in folder searching function? just wondering.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version