ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Blitz3D SDK Released

(1/1)

tinjaw:
Direct from the Official Blitz Website:

Blitz3D SDK Released!

New Zealand software developers Blitz Research Ltd have today released the Blitz3D Software Development Kit for Windows game developers.

The package consists of a runtime library of over 300 commands that simplify the process of creating video games with computer languages such as Microsoft's Visual Studio Express C# or C++ editions, the free DevC++ environment from Bloodshed or alternatively languages such as PureBasic and Blitz Research's own next generation BASIC compiler BlitzMax.

Extensive documentation based on the recently published Blitz3D Programming Manual is included covering the wealth of graphics, geometry, media and input commands available in the Blitz3DSDK environment.

With a wide range of file formats built in and an ever growing array of tools, plug-ins, and success stories Blitz Research looks forward to fostering continued growth of the independent game development community with their industry proven technology and support.

About Blitz Research

Blitz Research Limited is owned and operated in New Zealand by Mark Sibly, a provider of programming tools to friends and industry for more than 25 years.

About Blitz3D

Blitz3D has been the chosen development environment for a growing user-base of imagination rich game developers since its initial release in 2001.
--- End quote ---

I have never used Blitz3D, but this sounds interesting. I doubt I will have the time to play with it, so if anybody does, please report back with your impressions. If I understand correctly, this is basically access to the technology behind the Blitz3D product. The Blitz3D product is targeted to people who aren't programmers. The Blitz3D SDK seems to be the complimentary product target at people who are programmers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version