ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is there an alternative for Babylon Rightclick Translation software?

<< < (3/3)

urlwolf:
My problem with babylon is that the OCR doesn't work well
When I click on a word, it often gets the surrounding words, or symbols and the translation obviously fails.

Is webpro able to translate to languages other than english?

Curt:
It is my (poor) understanding that WordWeb itself is English > English only - I want it for the (expensive) crossword compiling extra parts which supports several languages. For translating several languages Babylon is still among the best, I think. Your comment on the OCR has never been an item for me - yes, it will mark the "s and such, but the translation itself is okay. Maybe you tried an older version? The present is #7.

WordWeb is available as a powerful Pro version and a cut down free version. The free version is used by millions of people from all over the world, many of whom may not be able to afford a commercial dictionary. WordWeb Pro was originally just an add on for Crossword Compiler - the world's best puzzle maker since 1993. However it has since grown in a strong stand-alone product, regularly updated with new words and senses.

The WordWeb database is based on Princeton's WordNet project, however there are many thousands of corrections and additions to this base. The WordWeb database is also internationalized, and has information about pronunciations, derived forms, and numerous other features.

The WordWeb data is also available as an online dictionary, and as a set of tools for developers.
--- End quote ---

http://www.crossword-compiler.com/

urlwolf:
I really like ultralingua, it's really fast and efficient.
But it doesn't have pronunciation... unless I'm wrong. Does it?

And it does conjugation... nice.
I don't think babylon does that.

There's another program called gramatica by the same company. It does grammar. I wonder how good it is compared to say word grammar checking. anyone?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version