ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Detecting RootKits

<< < (5/6) > >>

Lashiec:
Well, I encountered a brazilian blog that seems to shed some light onto the situation. I'll try to translate it

2 employees working at the USA got recently infected with that virus, a Trojan Horse called SHeur.AFJ. Both of them found the infection using AVG.

--- End quote ---

And then, after some more chitchat (basically saying what you have commented), he posts this link to other blog. Pretty strange this one if you ask me...

Other of the links of Google it's also quite creepy. Is this a tech meme? A joke? A real trojan? And AVG doesn't list anything in its page...

P.S.: João, if my translation is wrong, feel free to correct ;)

EDIT1: Forget about those two last links. It's a bunch of bastards playing with Google Trends results during a given time... Good thing to redirect traffic to your pathetic site. <paranoid mode>Maybe they created the virus to do that</paranoid mode>

EDIT2: Some corrections

jgpaiva:
Lashiec is right with his translation.

Apparently, there are diverging positions on that blog post. The guy writes bad as hell, he shouldn't be allowed to have a blog!!!
Truth is that i couldn't figure out if there is a virus or not. Apparently, only AVG is finding it. (I'm stating to find AVG a paranoid-maker, these posts about false positives are becoming WAY too anoying)
Well.. But his conclusion is "maybe this is just a giant false-positive".

Really sorry for not being more helpful, but i really can't understand what that guy is trying to comunicate.

Curt:
I do not understand how anyone will dare to settle with the FREE AVG!!  :down:

Lashiec:
Because it's free, and it doesn't suffer from the update problems that are plaguing AntiVir. I personally use avast!, but AVG is also a good option, a bit heavy on resources, but it's not Norton (thank God).

And it's not exactly the king of positives.

jimfarrington:
Thanks for the input, folks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version