ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Multisession burning

(1/3) > >>

tomos:
I was wondering about software for burning multisession discs -

[ my nero express continues to burn multisession discs but unfortunately the updated files dont show in Explorer
Ashampoo failed to update a DVD & I gave up on it. The DVD drive is fairly new so I presume this is a software problem ]***

Anyways, point is-
I'm looking for something a bit more versatile than the basic multisession that the above mentioned offer - something in the direction of a synch programme would be the ideal !!

An older copy of nero with my computer but it wouldnt work anymore when I changed the burner-drive.
I dont know what version it was but it did multisession very nicely -
you got the option to delete (or not) on the disc what was deleted on the harddrive - there were other options but I cant remember them now.

Any other proposals?
I could always get an older copy of Nero, but it would be nice to get something that updates without the kitchen sink  :)

*** [Damn damn damn 
it IS the drive :down: (or it's software/driver maybe?) must try update software etc.
It's a Plextor - wasnt expecting any problems with that...]

Deozaan:
Use a DVD-RW?

Lashiec:
Or a DVD-RAM, which considering what I know of them, they seem specifically tailored for backup tasks. Another story is finding one... and it could be that your drive is not supporting this kind of media.

A program to do the burning... I think there's some recent thread around... let me see... wait, you posted there ;D
There's this other one, I myself recommend Complex Evolution, which was a nice surprise when I tried it some time ago. CDBurnerXP is currently very buggy in some departments, so you've got to wait for 4.0. The other ones, ImgBurn is more geared toward disc images, I would avoid Ashampoo like the plague (the software company, more than its software, personal things of mine), DeepBurner also seems like a decent option. Did you try XP burning capabilities? For multisession discs, they work like a charm.

Also, Backup4All brings its own burning routines, so it's another option. And Nero, of course ;)

tomos:
DVD RAM sounds good - I read lately that it keeps a very long time ..

When I backup to DVD though,
I might use the disc for a couple of weeks, then archive it & start a new one - so it's not that I'm unhappy with your basic disc as such

Complex Evolution looks nice, portable too  :)
Backup4all I have - will look at burn/backup
Re Ashampoo,
I'm not a fan of their frequent emails but you do get some very good offers (& some very good software - eg Textmaker) &
for straight forward burning, their software & Nero Express are very good

XP burning - havent thought of that in a while :) will check em all out, thanks Lashiec

f0dder:
*** [Damn damn damn 
it IS the drive :down: (or it's software/driver maybe?) must try update software etc.
It's a Plextor - wasnt expecting any problems with that...]
-tomos (July 05, 2007, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hm, how did you reach that conclusion?

Anyway, check out http://www.deepburner.com - it's one of the better free burning programs I've seen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version