ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: OnScreen Display for Mute Status

<< < (11/14) > >>

lanux128:
I've just tried OSD Mute on my Vista 32-bit laptop and the mute status doesn't get displayed on my screen. Is OSD Mute Vista compatible?-VideoInPicture (October 10, 2008, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

i'm not sure about the Vista compatibility but there seems to be a work-around and i quote from the help file:

On Windows Vista, SoundSet and SoundGet affect only the script itself (this may be resolved in a future version). There are at least two ways to work around this:
1) In the properties dialog for the file "AutoHotkey.exe" (or a compiled script), change the compatibility setting to "Windows XP".
2) Have the script send volume-control keystrokes to change the master volume for the entire system.
-Autohotkey.chm
--- End quote ---

maybe you can try option (1) and let me know if it works since i don't have a Vista box to test.

app103:
The original script with the flicker, that was my preferred one since the flickering caught my attention more.

So I never ran a newer version of the script.  :D

It worked great on my last pc, but for some reason it isn't working quite the same on the new pc. It won't stay on top.

So I updated it and without the flicker seems to stay on top just fine.

I wish I could have that flicker back without it dropping behind other windows, though.

BTW: you have done some fantastic work with this. I love the idea of replacing the volume icon and still being able to access settings. This script is now everything the Windows volume control should have always been.

Thank you.   :Thmbsup:

app103:
hmmm...I thought it was working properly again, but I was wrong. It is still dropping behind other widows.  :(

oliverlipkau:
BUG:
line 114: Run, %A_WinDir%\System32\sndvol32.exe
this exe is named sndvol.exe in Windows vista.

I would recommend a system check like:
if A_OSVersion = WIN_VISTA

mouser:
I've been seeing this program/thread mentioned all over the web lately. congratulations  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version